California State Route 232
Map of Ventura County in southern California with SR 232 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 532|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||4.110 mi (6.614 km)|
|South end:||US 101 in Oxnard|
|North end:||SR 118 near Saticoy|
SR 232 is part of the California Freeway and Expressway System. It starts on Vineyard Avenue at the U.S. Route 101 interchange near the Martinez Shopping Center, and runs through El Rio. SR 232 leaves the Oxnard city limits and ends at Los Angeles Avenue (Route 118).
At the 1932 Summer Olympics near Los Angeles, it hosted part of the road cycling event when it was Vineyard Avenue. Route 154 was defined in 1933 from El Rio to Saticoy; the route was renumbered as SR 232 in the 1964 state highway renumbering. By 2014, the route was redefined to start at US 101, eliminating the part in Oxnard that had been relinquished.
According to the 2003 Caltrans District 7 Master System Plan Status Map, California Route 232 will be realigned from Vineyard Avenue to Santa Clara Avenue.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Ventura County.
|Oxnard||0.44||Vineyard Avenue – Naval Base Port Hueneme||Continuation beyond US 101|
|0.44||US 101 (Ventura Freeway) – Ventura, Los Angeles||Interchange; South end of SR 232|
|||R4.11||SR 118 (Los Angeles Avenue) – Saticoy, Santa Paula, Moorpark||North end of SR 232|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- "CA Codes (shc:250-257)". ca.gov.
- Google (2011-01-23). "California State Route 232" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- 1932 Summer Olympics official report. Archived July 7, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. p. 87.
- California State Assembly. "An act to amend sections 2, 3 and 5 and to add two sections to be numbered 6 and 7 to an act entitled 'An act to provide for the acquisition of rights of way for and the construction, maintenance...". Fiftieth Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 767 p. 2034–2042.
- California State Assembly. "An act to add Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) to Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, and to repeal Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) of Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, the...". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385 p. 1182.
- California State Assembly. " Session of the Legislature". Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 345.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 232.|