|Headquarters||180 Westridge Dr.,|
|Parent agency||California Department of Food and Agriculture|
The California Strawberry Commission, is a state-chartered agency of the California Department of Food and Agriculture. Established by the California State Legislature in 1993, the commission replaced the California Strawberry Advisory Board. The commission represents nearly 600 strawberry shippers, processors and growers within the state of California. The commission is not funded by tax payers but by self-taxation or assessments on California strawberry growers. The amount assessed is approved annually by the commission board of directors. This assessment pays for the commission’s activities and projects.
The current president is Rick Tomlinson. He replaces Mark Murai, a third generation strawberry farmer from Orange County, California.
Activities and projects
The California Strawberry Commission focuses activities and projects in:
- Public Policy
- Trade Relations
- Marketing Communications
- Production and Nutrition Research
- Grower Education and Outreach
Activities and projects are developed, approved and implemented under the authority of the commission’s board of directors.
The California Strawberry Commission’s stated vision is to be “the unified voice for a healthy California strawberry industry.” Their mission is “to shape a favorable environment that allows stakeholders in the California strawberry industry the opportunity to succeed.”
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- Production of strawberries in California
- "CA Codes (fac:77430-77447)". Archived from the original on 2009-10-17. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- "CSC - California Strawberry Commission". Archived from the original on 2008-04-13. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
-  Archived May 16, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "CA Codes (fac:77481-77488)". Archived from the original on 2009-10-18. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- "Strawberry group picks Murai for top position". Archived from the original on 2006-11-10. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Zasada, Inga A.; Halbrendt, John M.; Kokalis-Burelle, Nancy; LaMondia, James; McKenry, Michael V.; Noling, Joe W. (2010). "Managing Nematodes Without Methyl Bromide". Annual Review of Phytopathology. Annual Reviews. 48: 311–328. doi:10.1146/annurev-phyto-073009-114425. PMID 20455696.