Call of Duty: Zombies
|Call of Duty: Zombies|
Call of Duty: Zombies title screen
|Developer(s)||Ideaworks Game Studio|
|Series||Call of Duty|
Call of Duty: Zombies is a 2009 first-person shooter video game developed by Ideaworks Game Studio, and published by Activision for iOS. It is a spin-off of the Call of Duty series, and based on the Zombie mode of Call of Duty: World at War. The game was released worldwide on November 16, 2009. The game allows for multiplayer cooperative gameplay locally via an ad hoc Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network, or globally via the internet. However, restrictions can turn multiplayer off. It also comes with the three other maps, Verrückt, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese. A sequel to the game, Call of Duty: Black Ops – Zombies has been published by Activision.
The game's setting originally takes place in a German bunker (Nacht der Untoten) during World War II from the viewpoint of a US Marine. SS soldiers who have become zombies attempt to infiltrate the bunker and attack the players, and the players must defend themselves in the process.
The objective of the game is to survive each round of invading zombies after which a more difficult round begins. The player begins the game with Colt 1911 and has access to a melee attack via a combat knife. As players fight the zombies, they receive points. These points are used to buy weapons, perks, and access different parts of the map.
Zombies enter from outside the playable map via barricaded entries. As the rounds progress, difficulty increases and the zombies can remove barricades faster. Players are awarded points for replacing barricades as well as killing zombies.
The game has numerous perks that can be bought that awards players a certain ability or power. Other perks, called drops, can only be pick up after a zombie is killed.
- Buchanan, Levi (November 16, 2009). "Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies Review". IGN. Retrieved November 18, 2009.
- Magrino, Tom (November 16, 2009). "Call of Duty: Zombies touching iPhone". GameSpot. Retrieved November 19, 2009.
- Grant, Christopher (November 16, 2009). "Achtung! Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies infests iPhone". Joystiq. Retrieved November 19, 2009.
- "'Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies' FPS Arrives for iPhone". TouchArcade. November 16, 2009. Retrieved November 19, 2009.
- Spencer, Spanner (November 16, 2009). "Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved November 19, 2009.