Call of the Wild (Aaron Tippin album)
|Call of the Wild|
|Studio album by Aaron Tippin|
|Released||August 10, 1993|
|Recorded||1993 at SoundShop Recording Studios, Nashville, TN|
|Aaron Tippin chronology|
Call of the Wild is the third album released by American country music singer Aaron Tippin. Released in 1993 on RCA Records Nashville, it produced the singles "The Call of the Wild", "Honky-Tonk Superman", "Workin' Man's Ph.D.", and "Whole Lotta Love on the Line". Of these, only "Workin' Man's Ph.D" reached Top 10 on the U.S. Billboard country charts. The album was produced by Scott Hendricks, unlike Tippin's first two albums which were produced by Emory Gordy, Jr.
Brian Mansfield of Allmusic gave the album three stars out of five, saying that "some of Tippin's song choices were hillbilly silly." Mike Greenblatt of Modern Screen's Country Music gave a mostly-favorable review, saying that the album showed a sense of artistic growth over his first two discs, making note of Tippin's "one-of-a-kind, elastic voice" but referring to "Whole Lotta Love on the Line" as being "in that netherworld of benign country fluff."
- "The Call of the Wild" (Aaron Tippin, Buddy Brock, Michael P. Heeney) - 4:32
- "Honky-Tonk Superman" (Tippin, Brock) - 2:54
- "Nothin' in the World (Gonna Keep Me from You)" (Tippin, Terry M. Brown) - 2:34
- "Workin' Man's Ph.D." (Tippin, Philip Douglas, Bobby Boyd) - 3:31
- "I Promised You the World" (Tippin, Bruce Burch, Vern Dant) - 4:54
- "When Country Took the Throne" (Tippin, Brock) - 2:26
- "Let's Talk About You" (Tippin, Brock) - 2:46
- "Whole Lotta Love on the Line" (Tippin, Donny Kees) - 3:44
- "My Kind of Town" (Tippin, Sanger D. Shafer) - 3:02
- "Trim Yourself to Fit the World" (Tippin, Douglas, Kim Williams) - 2:35
- Stuart Duncan – fiddle, mandolin
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Brent Mason – electric guitar
- Alan O'Bryant – background vocals on "The Call of the Wild"
- Matt Rollings – piano
- John Wesley Ryles – background vocals on all tracks except "Whole Lotta Love on the Line," "The Call of the Wild," "When Country Took the Throne"
- Aaron Tippin- lead vocals
- Cindy Richardson Walker – background vocals on "I Promised You the World"
- Billy Joe Walker, Jr. – acoustic guitar
- Dennis Wilson – background vocals on "I Promised You the World"
- Lonnie Wilson – drums
- Glenn Worf – bass guitar
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||6|
|U.S. Billboard 200||53|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||12|
- Mansfield, Brian. "Call of the Wild review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- Greenblatt, Mike (April 1994). "Juke Box Jury". Modern Screen's Country Music. 88 (5): 35.