Callala Bay, New South Wales
New South Wales
Wowly Gully in northern Callala Bay
|Population||1,951 (2006 census)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|LGA(s)||City of Shoalhaven|
|State electorate(s)||South Coast|
The town is situated on the northern shore of Jervis Bay about 20 minutes drive from Nowra and 10 minutes from Culburra Beach. Callala Bay has an approximate elevation of 13 metres (43 ft) above sea level, and is located inland from Callala Point, a headland facing the Tasman Sea. Nearby settlements include Callala Beach to the south-west, Currarong to the south-east and Culburra Beach to the north-east. Local facilities include a safe harbour, jetty, sailing club, boat ramp, primary school and a small shopping centre. In 2006, the population of Callala Bay was 1,951.
Callala Bay is a short drive or flat bike ride from the popular Club Callala (Callala RSL Country Club) which hosts a challenging 18 hole golf course, two bowling greens, great food and nightly entertainment.
Sport and recreation
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Callala Bay (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- "Map of 35° 00.000' S 150° 43.250' E near Callala Bay". Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- "Callala Point (NSW)". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- Creating Callala ~ 2013 Strategic Plan
- Callala Beach Progress Association
- Callala Business Chamber & Tourism Inc.
- VISITNSW.com - Callala-Bay
|This New South Wales geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|