||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Callalily performing live
|Genres||OPM, pinoy rock, alternative rock, pop rock, emo rock|
|Labels||Sony Music (2006–2012)
Universal Records (2012–present)
Soupstar Entertainment (2006–present)
6 Cycle Mind
Happy Days Ahead
Banda ni Kleggy
|Website||Callalily MySpace page|
Lemuel "Lems" Belaro
|Past members||Alden Acosta|
The band entered the Philippine music scene with their songs "Stars", "Take My Hand", their breakthrough single "Magbalik", "Pasan" (which was also included in the soundtrack of Lineage II),and "Sanctuary", all from their debut album Destination XYZ. Their second album, Fisheye followed not long after, which scored its first single "Susundan", dedicated to the death of their friend Jan Kevin Santos (sound manipulator & unclean vocals of Chicosci). A commercial jingle "Eto na ang Summer" that was specially composed for Sony Ericsson, also received airplay.
Cipriano has also taken a new responsibility in acting on the top rated hit Sunday noontime teen television series BFGF with leading lady TV host and actress Alex Gonzaga on TV5. Half of the band's songs and new ones are used on that TV series with "Yakap" as its theme song and "Magbalik" as a background track. Cipriano is also a co-host of Sunday musical variety show, P.O.5. He is also formerly part of the sitcom Hapi Together and the magical comedy reality show, Magic Gimik. He was also formerly seen on Magic Bagsik and on the sitcom, Sugod Mga Kapatid, both aired on TV5. Callalily also appeared in the movie "Praybeyt Benjamin" and " Of all the Things" movie of Aga Muhlach and Regine Velasquez.
Cipriano has also worked with 6cyclemind in their redux of "Kung Wala Na Nga" with fellow members of the music industry, Yeng Constantino and Tutti. In June 2010, they released the music video on Music Uplate Live on ABS CBN.
In 2010, guitarist Alden Acosta parted ways with Callalily and moved to the US.
In 2011, Callalily became part of the debut project of the Big Band Syndicate (BBS) composed of Darwin Hernandez of Soupstar Entertainment and Rye Sarmiento of 6cyclemind. The project, which was entitled BBS featuring Kean Cipriano of Callalily, released Ctrl + Alt + Del - Restart, which included the song "Wala na Tayo".
In 2012, Callalily covered the Eraserheads classic "Minsan" from the various artists album, The Reunion. The band released their fourth studio album Flower Power (Callalily album) in October 2012 with their 1st single, "Pasasalamat". This was also the first Callalily album since former band guitarist Alden Acosta left the band for Happy Days Ahead. Their second single from the album was "HKM (Hindi Kita Malilimutan)". Flower Power album reached Gold Record Award last March. They received the award from the Sunday Variety Program ASAP. The same month, they also won Best Group for the song "Pasasalamat" at MYX Music Awards 2013 held at Music Museum. Last June 7, they staged their first major concert back to back with fellow Soupstar artist 6cyclemind at Music Museum.
In 2013, the band was launched as one of the ambassadors of Hero Foundation from Ayala Group of Companies. In May 2014, the band won as Most Popular Recording/ Performing Group at the 45th Guillermo Mendoza Box Office Entertainment Awards 2014.
At the end of 2015, the band released their fifth album, Greetings From Callalily, which spawned the singles "Bitter Song", "Now I'm Dancing", "Is This Love", and "Sa'n Ako Magsisimula".
In 2017, with production group Sindikato and Warner Music Philippines, the band released "Miles Away" online, their new song about a 'runaway bride'. The official music video was launched at YouTube in June 6, 2017.
- Kean Cipriano- lead vocals (2006, but started playing both lead vocals and rhythm guitar in 2010 to present)
- Andrew John "Tatsi" Jamnague- vocals, lead guitar (2006– present)
- Aaron Paul Ricafrente- bass guitar (2006– present)
- Lemuel "Lem" Belaro- drums, synth, handsonic, backing vocals (2006– present)
- Former member
- Alden Acosta- guitar, backing vocals (2006-2010)
- 2006: Destination XYZ
- 2008: Fisheye
- 2009: Callalily
- 2012: Flower Power
- 2015: Greetings From Callalily
- For the full discography, see: Callalily discography
- 2008: Most Promising Recording Group
- 2014: Most Popular Recording/Performing Group
- 2015: Most Popular Recording/Performing Group
- 2007: Paja Album of the Year: Destination XYZ
- 2007: Paja Song of the Year: Pasan
- 2007: Best Performance by A New Group of Recording Artists: Stars by Callalily
- 2007: Best Band: Callalily
- 2007: Song of the Year: Magbalik
- 2007: Destination XYZ — Certified Gold
OPM Songhits Music Awards:.
- 2007: Best Band of the Year: Callalily
- 2007: Song of The Year: Magbalik
- 2007: Kean Cipriano — Nominated for Favorite Male Vocalist
- 2007: Nominated for Best Performance by a New Recording Artist
38th Box Office Award:
- 2007: Most Promising Recording Group
MYX Music Awards:
- 2007: "Stars" -Nominated for Favorite Song-2006
- 2007: Nominated for Favorite New Artist-2006
- 2009: Nominated for Best Artist-2008
- 2009: Nominated for Best Group-2008
- 2013: Nominated for Favorite Group
- 2013: Nominated for Favorite Artist
- 2013: Nominated for Favorite Remake - Minsan
- 2013: Nominated for Favorite Media Soundtrack - Minsan
- 2013: Won For Favorite Group
ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards
- 2007: Nominated Best Pop Band
- 2007: Nominated Best Pop Music- "Magbalik"
- 2008: Destination XYZ — Certified Platinum
- 2008: "Susundan" - Song of the Year
- 2008: Kean Cipriano — Best Vocalist of the Year
- 2006: Favorite Breakthrough Artist (group category)
- 2008: MTV Gimme 10 Year-Ender part 1 - "Sanctuary" at #5(Singles who did not reach #1 but hits the chart in multiple weeks)
- 2008: MTV Gimme 10 -"Susundan" (#1 song for 2 weeks)
Top OPM Songs 2008
- "Handset firm opts for wider reach". GMA News.tv. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Paraluman, Kean in Tabi Updated April 22, 2009 12:00 AM". Philstar.com, The Filipino Global Community. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- "Callalily & No. 777". philstar.com. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- "Callalily's 3rd Album". Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "CALLALISTAS! THIS IS IT! (Callalily's New Album Launch)". Universal Records Official Facebook Fan Page. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- "The 38th Box-Office Entertainment Awards (Part 2)". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "Complete List of Winners: 45th Guillermo Mendoza Box-Office Entertainment Awards 2014". The Summit Express. Retrieved 2014-05-019.
- "Callalily Awards". Pinoy Music Network. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "1st OPM Music Awards". Filipinasoul.com. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Calderon, Nora (2008-03-13). "FIRST READ ON PEP: John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo named Box-Office King & Queen for 2007". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "MYX Music Awards 2009". MYX Philippines. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "Pasiklaband returns to SOP". GMA News.tv. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Callalily on MTV". MTV Philippines. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "The top OPM hits of 2008". Philstar.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "The top OPM hits of 2008". PINOY MUSIC NETWORK. Retrieved 2009-04-17.