This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mulvey at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere in July 2014
Callan Francis Mulvey
23 February 1975
Auckland, New Zealand
Callan Mulvey (born 23 February 1975) is an Australian actor. He is best known in Australia for his roles as Mark Moran on the Australian drama Underbelly, Sergeant Brendan 'Josh' Joshua in Rush, and as Bogdan 'Draz' Drazic in Heartbreak High. His American roles include Syllias in 300: Rise of an Empire, Jack Rollins in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Avengers: Endgame (2019), and Anatoli Knyazev in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Mulvey used a personal interest in skateboarding to work as a stunt double about two years prior to winning the role of Drazic in Heartbreak High. His first role was of a victim of a robbery in a police training video.
In 2004, he re-entered the spotlight for the release of Thunderstruck.
In 2014, he appeared in 300: Rise of an Empire as Syllias. Also in 2014 he also appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Jack Rollins. It was his second time appearing in a film as a soldier alongside Frank Grillo.
In 2014, he starred in the Katie Holmes black comedy Miss Meadows as Skylar. Following this, he then starred as Jack Taylor in Kill Me Three Times along with Sullivan Stapleton (who he previously worked with on 300: Rise of an Empire), Teresa Palmer, Simon Pegg, Alice Braga and Bryan Brown.
In 2016, Mulvey appeared briefly in Warcraft, the film adaptation of Warcraft, credited as Warrior, as well as joining the main cast of Starz TV's Power, for season three, as Dean. Callan has also completed the horror film Delirium, and is in post-production for the films Beyond Skyline, the sequel to the cult-classic Skyline, and Desolate, a drama based on a family of farmers living in a dystopian future. He filmed Bleeding Steel, a science fiction thriller starring Jackie Chan. Mulvey is also filming In Like Flynn, a biopic of Errol Flynn's early years.
Mulvey was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and moved to Australia when he was 8, growing up in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Mulvey was injured in a serious car accident in 2003, in a head-on collision at 100 km/h, or 62mp/h. He was trapped in the vehicle for almost an hour until he could be freed from the wreckage. The midsection of his face collapsed, an incision was made from ear to ear over the top of his scalp, his face "pulled down" and 17 titanium plates were then inserted to repair the fractures to his face and jaw. His left knee and ankle were also badly fractured.
He married Rachel Thomas, an academic and musician, in Byron Bay in 2010.
|2011||The Hunter||Rival Hunter|
|2012||Zero Dark Thirty||Saber - DEVGRU|
|2013||The Turning||David Wilson||Segment: "Aquifer"|
|2014||300: Rise of an Empire||Scyllias|
|Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Jack Rollins|
|Kill Me Three Times||Jack Taylor|
|2016||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Anatoli Knyazev|
|Outlaw King||John III Comyn, Lord of Badenoch|
|In Like Flynn||Johnson|
|2019||Avengers: Endgame||Jack Rollins|
|1997-1999||Heartbreak High||Bogdan Drazic||74 episodes|
|1999||All Saints||Stewie Holder||1 episode|
|2000||Pizza||Dave/Middle-class Homeboy||2 episodes|
|2001||The Finder||Sam Natoli||TV movie|
|Head Start||Rodney 'Rod' Hunter||5 episodes|
|Code Red||Cage Sorrentino||TV movie|
|2006-2008||Home and Away||Johnny Cooper||33 episodes|
|2007||Sea Patrol||Horst Wenders||1 episode|
|McLeod's Daughters||Mitch Wahlberg||3 episodes|
|2008||Underbelly||Mark Moran||5 episodes|
|2008-2011||Rush||Brendan 'Josh' Joshua||70 episodes|
|2012||Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms||Anthony 'Snoddy' Spencer||6 episodes|
- "Callan Mulvey". AllMovie. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Callan Mulvey". www.abc.net.au. 1999. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Groves, Don. Mulvey's star is rising [online]. Inside Film: If, No. 154, Aug 2013: 14-15. Availability: <http://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=599499773276203;res=IELAPA> ISSN 1447-2252. [cited 05 May 17].
- "Rush to sign Underbelly star". news.com.au. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Callan Mulvey". ten.com.au. Archived from the original on 7 February 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms". TV Tonight. 13 May 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Superman/Batman: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto join cast". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Latest Warcraft TV Spot Has Tons Of New Footage".
- Newsome, Brad (13 July 2016). "In gangster drama Power drug dealers are bad for business".
- "'Beyond Skyline' Imagery Carries 'Predator' Vibe - Bloody Disgusting!". 2 November 2015.
- McNary, Dave (28 May 2016). "Callan Mulvey, Tyson Ritter Starring in Dystopian Drama 'Desolate'".
- Frater, Patrick (28 July 2016). "Jackie Chan's 'Bleeding Steel' Adds Australian Cast". Variety.com.
- "Young Aussie star's In Like Flynn". Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Sams, Christine "Mulvey's brave recovery", Sydney Morning Herald, 12 May 2004. Accessed 22 August 2007
- "Mulvey marries childhood sweetheart". Retrieved 1 May 2017.