|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Callejon performing live in Cologne
|Labels||My Favourite Toy, Nuclear Blast, Four Music|
Callejon was founded in 2002. Their first release was a self-titled demo released in 2003. On 7 May 2005, the band released their EP Chronos. Their debut album, Willkommen im Beerdigungscafé, was released on July 7, 2006. Both albums were released through their label My Favorite Toy Records, which is based in Mainz.
In February 2003 the band went on a three-weeks promotional tour for their album Willkommen im Beerdigungscafé
In September 2007 they signed a contract with Edition TAKK, a publishing company associated with Sony/ATV Music Publishing Germany. With a tour in winter 2007 the EP Fauler Zauber Dunkelherz was promoted. After that drummer Sven Wasel was replaced by Bodo Stricker.
In May 2008 the band signed a contract with Nuclear Blast. Their label debut Zombieactionhauptquartier contained 13 songs. It was produced by Eike Freese in Hamburg and was published on November 28, 2008. The album features a song "Porn from Spain" with Nico from K.I.Z rapping as guest singer.
In March 2010 the band uploaded their third album Videodrom to their Myspace page. It was released on 3 April 2010 and entered the German Media Control Charts at No. 31. The Album is inspired by David Cronenberg's film Videodrome.
With their album Man Spricht Deutsch they released an album consisting only of cover versions in January 2013.
Singer Bastian "BastiBasti" Sobtzick creates all cover artwork of the band himself. He has also designed artwork for releases by other bands such as Iconoclast by Heaven Shall Burn, Say Hello to Tragedy by Caliban and others.
- Current members
- Bastian "BastiBasti" Sobtzick – vocals (2002–present)
- Bernhard Horn – guitar (2002–present)
- Christoph "Kotsche" Koterzina– guitar (2011–present)
- Thorsten Becker– bass (2006–present)
- Max "Kotze" Kotzmann – drums (2010–present)
- Former members
- Frank Walther – bass
- Simon Vohberger – bass
- Stefan Vohberger – guitar (–2007)
- Sebastian Gallinat († 2010) – bass
- Sven Wasel – drums (–2007)
- Thomas Buschhausen – guitar
- Studio albums
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2006||Willkommen im Beerdigungscafé
|2013||Man spricht Deutsch
|2015||Wir sind Angst
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|2007||Fauler Zauber Dunkelherz
- "Phantomschmerz" (released 13 March 2009, Nuclear Blast)
- Demo albums
- Demo (2003)
- "CALLEJON - have signed with Nuclear Blast!". Nuclear Blast. 8 May 2008.
- "CALLEJON - Cover artwork, album title and tracklist revealed". Nuclear Blast. 5 September 2008.
- Studiobericht pressuremagazine.de
- "Callejon Reveals New Album Details Online". metal underground.
- "Chartverfolgung / Callejon / Longplay". musicline.de (in German). PhonoNet. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "Discographie Callejon". austriancharts.at. Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 November 2013.