Calligra Words 2.4 screenshot
|Initial release||April 11, 2012|
|Stable release||3.1.0 (1 February 2018) [±]|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
When Calligra Suite was formed, unlike the other Calligra applications Words was not a continuation of the corresponding KOffice application – KWord. The functionality of Words has largely been written from scratch – in May 2011 a completely new layout engine was announced. The first release was made available on April 11, 2012 , using the version number 2.4 to match the rest of Calligra Suite.
Initial reception of Calligra Words shortly after the 2.4 release was mixed. While Linux Pro Magazine Online’s Bruce Byfield wrote “Calligra needed an impressive first release. Perhaps surprisingly, and to the development team’s credit, it has managed one in 2.4.”, he also noted that “Words in particular is still lacking features”. He concluded that Calligra is “worth keeping an eye on”.
- "Calligra 2.4 Released". Calligra.org. 2012-04-11. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Calligra 3.1.0 released". Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Calligra Words is not a fork of KWord". blogs.kde.org. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "How to make a new layout engine for Calligra Words in 4 months". blogs.kde.org. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Calligra: The Other Office Suite Narrows the Gap". Linux Pro Magazine Online. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Calligra Suite: Better Office & Graphics Applications". IT Diary. 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
|This word processor article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|