Callum Wilson (English footballer)
|Full name||Callum Eddie Graham Wilson|
|Date of birth||27 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Coventry, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2010–2011||→ Kettering Town (loan)||17||(1)|
|2011–2012||→ Tamworth (loan)||3||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:04, 4 December 2016 (UTC).
Born in Coventry, West Midlands, Wilson made his professional debut as a substitute on 12 August 2009 in a 1–0 League Cup defeat to Hartlepool United. He signed a professional deal, which saw him stay at the club for a further season, on 16 March 2010. Wilson became the first Coventry City youth teamer to win the national award for apprentice of the month in March 2010.
Wilson made his league debut when he came on as a substitute against Queens Park Rangers in December 2010. He made his first appearance of the 2012–13 season in a 1–0 loss against Carlisle United coming on as a sub for Carl Baker.
The start of the 2013–14 season saw Wilson establish himself as a solid fixture in the starting line-up. Forming a good understanding with strike partner Leon Clarke, after just 11 league games Wilson had notched up 10 goals, topping the League One scoring charts. He finished the season as League One's third-top scorer with 22 goals and also earned himself a place in the League One PFA Team Of The Year, All the more impressive as he had suffered injury for two months with a dislocated shoulder in early 2014. Wilson won League One Player of the month award for March, He also won his clubs Top Goalscorer award, Player's Player award voted for by his team mates and the Player of the season award voted for by Coventry City fans.
Kettering Town (loan)
Wilson joined Kettering Town on an initial months loan at the turn of the year in 2011. His loan was extended to another three months upon completion of his first month. Wilson played 17 games, scoring once.
On 29 December 2011, he was loaned to Conference side Tamworth on a one-month loan. He made his debut for the club in a 2–2 draw with Alfreton Town, where he played the full game. He scored in just his second game for the club with a curling shot in a 2–1 defeat against Wrexham on 14 January. Wilson suffered a fractured foot after a fine display in just his third game for the Lambs which saw his short loan spell end.
On 4 July 2014, Wilson signed for Bournemouth for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £3 million, after spending five years at Coventry. Wilson scored twice on his debut for the club, in a 4–0 win against. Huddersfield Town.
In his first season at the club, Wilson helped them achieve promotion to the Premier League for the first time in the club's history, becoming the Cherries' top scorer for that season in the process, scoring 20 league goals. He was Bournemouth's only player to score in all three domestic competitions, notably scoring the winning goal in the 2–1 victory against West Bromwich Albion in the fourth round of the League Cup.
On 22 August 2015, Wilson scored his first Premier League goals with a hat-trick against West Ham United. On 26 September 2015, Wilson ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the match against Stoke City and was expected to be out for about six months. On 9 April 2016, Wilson made his return as an injury-time substitute in Bournemouth's 2–1 win away to Aston Villa.
- As of match played 19 September 2015.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Kettering Town (loan)||2010–11||Conference Premier||17||1||—||—||—||17||1|
|Tamworth (loan)||2011–12||Conference Premier||3||1||—||—||—||3||1|
- Appearances in Football League Trophy
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 440. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Coventry 0–1 Hartlepool". BBC Sport. 12 August 2009. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Lambs Borrow Young Coventry Striker". Nonleague.pitchero.com. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Tamworth sign Callum Wilson on loan from Coventry City". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Tamworth 2 – 2 Alfreton Town". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Tamworth 1 – 2 Wrexham". BBC Sport. 14 January 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- Carpenter, Steve (7 July 2014). "Callum Wilson thanks Sky Blues after signing for Bournemouth". Coventry Observer. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Huddersfield Town 0–4 AFC Bournemouth" BBC Sport. 9 August 2014. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "AFC Bournemouth 2–1 West Brom" BBC Sport. 28 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "West Ham United 3–4 Bournemouth". BBC Sport. 22 August 2015. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Callum Wilson: Bournemouth striker out for six months". BBC Sport. 29 September 2015.
- Johnston, Neil. "Aston Villa 1–2 Bournemouth". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Callum Wilson: Bournemouth striker thrilled to return from long-term injury". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Games played by Callum Wilson in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Bournemouth's Howe and Wilson secure October awards". skysports.com. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.