|Founded||1994 / 1988|
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Callware Technologies, Inc. (Callware) is a software company in the telecommunication industry, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. It specializes in developing unified communication and unified messaging solutions for the US Department of Defense, government, educational institutions, and mid to enterprise business.
Callware is known for its Callegra.UC product, which provides voicemail, unified messaging, auto attendant, text to speech (TTS), voice recognition, and clients to access voice and fax messages from the telephone, desktop client, or the Internet.
Callware produces a high security version  of its products for the US Department of Defense which is listed on the Approved Products List (APL) and is JITC certified on a regular basis. This product is currently in use at over 100 US Department of Defense sites and military bases worldwide.
Callware Technologies product Callegra.UC is used as a replacement technology for legacy systems, unsupported systems, end of life systems, or mismatched voicemail systems due to its ability to integrate with many switches and various vendors.
Callware's products have received awards from Internet Telephony Magazine, Communication Solutions, CTI Magazine, Network Magazine, Frost & Sullivan, Network Computing Magazine, and PC Magazine, among others.
In 1994, Callware Technologies was incorporated as a result of a spin-off from International Voice Exchange, a service bureau and software development company founded in 1988.
At that time, Callware introduced its unified messaging and unified communications product — Callegra. Callegra became the first voicemail product in the market to give Users the ability to access, send, and receive voicemail and fax messages directly from a computer desktop interface. Subsequent versions integrated Callegra’s GUI with Novell GroupWise, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, and various web browsers.
In 1998, Callware started providing Callegra to government agencies and the US Department of Defense (DoD).
In 2002, Callware introduced its flagship product Callegra.UC. Callegra.UC added a .NET Web Service, allowing custom client applications to be developed for the Callegra.UC unified messaging and communication product. This new feature opened PBX functions and voicemail services through programming of SOAP and .NET.
In 2004, Callware enhanced its flagship product and released the Department of Defense (DoD) edition Callegra.UC JITC, which added enhanced high security features. Callegra.UC JITC became the first product of its kind to obtain Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) Certification and Information Assurance (IA) Accreditation in October 2004, and is the only product of its kind to be listed on the DoD Approved Products List (APL).
In 2010, Callware Technologies’ products have been installed at over 8500 sites for customers such as government bureaus, educational institutions, international banks, and Fortune 500 corporations, including more than 100 DoD sites and military bases worldwide.
The headquarters for Callware Technologies is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- "Callegra.UC". Callware. 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- "Callegra.UC JITC / Department of Defense". Callware. 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- "Callware section of the DoD Approved Products List (APL)". US Department of Defense. 2010. Archived from the original on November 16, 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Callegra.UC installed at over 100 Department of Defense sites and military bases worldwide". Callware. 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- "Octel Aria / Serenade Voicemail Replacement". Callware. 2010-08-07.
- "Nortel Meridian Mail Voicemail Replacement". Callware. 2010-08-07.
- "Nortel CallPilot Voicemail Replacement". Callware. 2010-08-07.
- "Definity / Intuity Audix Voicemail Replacement". Callware. 2010-08-07.
- "Centigram Voicemail Replacement". Callware. 2010-08-07.
- "Partial Supported PBX Integration Support List". Callware. 2010-02-15.
- "Internet Telephony Magazine 2002 Products of the Year". Internet Telephony Magazine. 2002-12-10.
- "Communication Solutions 1999 Products of the Year". Communication Solutions. 1999-12-10.
- "CTI 1998 Products of the Year". CTI Magazine. 1998-12-01.
- "Callware Technologies' Callegra Unified Messaging Product Receives Network Magazine's 1999 Product of the Year Award.". PR Newswire. 1999-05-10.
- "Callware Technologies' Callegra Receives Frost & Sullivan's 1998 Market Engineering Product Innovation Award for Unified Messaging.". PR Newswire. 1999-03-01.
- "CallWare Technologies' CallWare 5.3 Unified Messaging Product Wins Best Value Award from Network Computing Magazine". PR Newswire. 1997-12-01.
- "PC Magazine Editors Choice awarded to Callware". PC Magazine. 1994-12-01.
- Users to access voice mail from PC. Infoworld. 1994-01-24.
- Network World Callware Information. Network World. 1994-09-12.
- Network World Review of Callware Callegra. Network World. 1995-08-07.
- "Release of Callegra.UC Version 1.0". Business Wire. 2002-10-10.
- "Callware Technologies announces release of Callegra.UC 6.12 JITC for DOD". Callware. 2004-10-29.
- "U.S. DoD awards Callegra.UC 6.13a JITC Certification" (PDF). US Department of Defense. 2004-09-01.
- "U.S. DoD Unified Capabilities list". US Department of Defense.
- "Callware Corporate Profile". Callware. 2010-01-31.