Rankin Inlet Airport
|Focus cities||Winnipeg, Thompson, Churchill, Rankin Inlet|
|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroplan AirMiles|
|Parent company||Exchange Income Corporation|
|Headquarters||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
Calm Air International LP. is a full service airline, offering passenger, charter and freight services in northern Manitoba and the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut. It is owned by Exchange Income Corporation with its main base in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The airline was established and started operations in 1962. It was founded by Carl Arnold Lawrence Morberg (1936-2005), and his wife, as a charter service in northern Saskatchewan. In 1976 it took over the Transair passenger service in the Northwest Territories. In 1981, Calm Air took over many of the passenger and cargo routes of Lamb Air. Canadian Airlines acquired a 45% holding in Calm Air in 1987.
As of September 2018, Calm Air operates daily scheduled air services to the following communities:
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|ATR 42||7||300, 320||Aircraft configured in combi, freighter, and passenger configurations.|
|ATR 72||5||202||Aircraft configured in combi, freighter, and passenger configurations.|
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Calm Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "Calm Air Route Map". www.calmair.com. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- Exchange Income Corporation
- Carl Morberg Obituary, retrieved 2016-01-17
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 60.
- "Northern airlines sign major codeshare agreement". Nunatsiaq News.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Calm Air.|