Caloocan National Science and Technology High School
|Caloocan National Science and Technology High School
Mataas na Paaralang Pang-Agham at Teknolohiyang Pambansa ng Caloocan
E=MC2 ('Excellence is equal to Motivated, Committed and Competent Individuals')
|Congressional Road Brgy. 173, Bagumbong
Caloocan City, Metro Manila
|Type||Public science and technology high school|
|Principal||Angelina B. De Chavez|
|Number of students||346, 2014-2015 (132 males and 214 females)|
Caloocan National Science and Technology High School (Filipino: Mataas na Paaralang Pang-Agham at Teknolohiyang Pambansa ng Caloocan) colloquially known as CNSTHS or CalNatSci is a specialized public high school in the Philippines. It is on Congressional Road Brgy. 173, Bagumbong, Caloocan City ( ). Admission to CNSTHS is by competitive examination, and only graduates from public and private schools of Caloocan are eligible to attend.
Caloocan National Science and Technology High School is a project of Caloocan City Mayor Oscar OCA Malapitan.
Caloocan National Science and Technology High School is along Congressional Road and besides University of Caloocan City (North Campus) near Sto. Niño de Congreso Church. The school came into existence through the effort of the benevolence of the mayor, Oscar OCA Malapitan. It is under Republic Act No. 9672 (an Act establishing a National Science and Technology High School in the City of Caloocan to be known as Caloocan National Science and Technology High School) enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress.
Awards and recognition
|3rd Place||2013 Shell Youth Congress||Song-Video Making Competition||Himala Band|
Application and admission
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- He/She must be a sixth grader who is a candidate for graduation from either public or private school preferably in Caloocan City.
- He/She must have a grade not lower than 85% in Science, English, and Mathematics, and a grade of not lower than 83% in other subject areas per quarter. Since the test is administered before graduation, third grading grades should be considered.
- He/She must be of good health condition, of good moral character, and should not have been involved in any violation of school rules and regulations or case of misbehavior during his/her stay in the elementary school and, more importantly, not a member of any fraternity.
- He/She must pass the selection test and the interview of the Selection Committee.
The examination consists of battery of proficiency tests in Science, Mathematics, English, and Logical Thinking.
Requirements on filing
- Two pieces of 1x1 identical latest ID pictures with white background.
- Correctly and completely filled Caloocan National Science and Technology High School Forms.
- Authenticated photocopy of Form 138 (with Third Grading grades).
- Barangay certificate.
The date of submission of files and the date of the Selection Test will be announced on the school's Facebook page.