|Headquarters||La Mesa, California, USA|
|Keith McGuinness, CEO
Allan Borushek, Founder
Number of employees
|Slogan||For Food Awareness|
CalorieKing is an online weight loss club and software developer with a program centred on healthy eating and exercise ("calories in, calories out"). The company offers products and services tailored specifically for the United States and Australian markets. As well as offering help for people who wish to lose weight, there are also programs and support for those who want to maintain their current weight, or to gain weight. The web sites' resources also include forums, and an extensive library of recipes and health and weight loss related articles contributed by company staff as well as other organisations and contributors.
In addition to its web site, the company also produces personal computer software and several popular books. Many of its products are based on the CalorieKing food database, which claims to contain over 50,000 foods in the American version and 19,000 foods in the Australian version.
CalorieKing was founded as Family Health Publications in 1973 in Australia by Allan Borushek with the publication of the first Australian Calorie, Fat, & Carb Counter. In 1988, the book was published in the United States, selling more than 10,000,000 copies. 1998 saw the launch of the company's web site, CalorieKing.com; its Australian sister-site DietClub.com.au was launched in 1997 and later rebranded as CalorieKing.com.au.
In July 2007, the company announced an alliance with the Joslin Diabetes Center to promote type 2 diabetes awareness, prevention, and management, and to build a culturally specific Latino food database.
- CalorieKing History
- California Business Portal company search
- Company profile on LinkedIn
- Company web site
- CalorieKing software store retrieved 2009-11-13
- Amazon product page for The CalorieKing Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2010 retrieved 2009-11-13
- Amazon product page for The Calorie King Food & Exercise Journal retrieved 2009-11-13
- CalorieKing.com Food Database
- CalorieKing.com.au Food Database
- CalorieKing Press Release August 31, 2005 - Best Selling Book Changes Name retrieved 2009-11-14
- WHOIS database retrieved 2009-11-13
- CalorieKing History
- About CalorieKing Australia
- CalorieKing Joslin alliance press release