Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Caloundra waterfront, 2008
|Population||3,558 (2011 census)|
|• Density||912/km2 (2,363/sq mi)|
|Area||3.9 km2 (1.5 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Caloundra is a suburb of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, including the central business district of the Caloundra urban centre, which is located on Bulcock Street. At the 2011 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 3,558.
The suburb of Caloundra has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
Caloundra contains the following schools within its boundaries:
Caloundra is also home to a campus of the Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE.
- Stockland Caloundra
- Caloundra Village Shopping Centre
Parks and recreation
- Bulcock Beach (patrolled by Ithaca–Caloundra City Life Saving Club) and Clarke Place Park
- Central Park (includes Caloundra Tennis Centre, which hosts the Caloundra International)
- Ben Bennett Botanical Park
- Bicentennial Park
- Lighthouse Park
- Roy Henzell Park
- Caloundra Hospital
- Caloundra bus station
- Caloundra Golf Club
- Council service centre for Sunshine Coast Region
- A range of accommodation from backpackers to resort hotels
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Caloundra (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Caloundra - suburb in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 48556)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Tripcony Hibiscus Caravan Park (entry 602708)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Department of Health (Queensland). "Sunshine Coast Health Service District - Caloundra Health Service". Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- Media related to Category:Caloundra, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
- Caloundra travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|