Calum Best in 2010
Calum Milan Best|
February 6, 1981
San Jose, California, United States
|Residence||London, England, United Kingdom|
Angie Best (mother)|
George Best (father)
|Relatives||Samantha Womack (cousin)|
Best was born in San Jose, California, the son of parents from the United Kingdom: Angie Best (née Angela MacDonald Janes), an English model, and George Best, a Northern Irish footballer. Calum was raised in Los Angeles, where he became a model in his mid-teens.
His father was an acclaimed Northern Ireland footballer. Best is a patron of the National Association for Children of Alcoholics ("Nacoa"), a UK charity providing support to children affected by a parent's drinking. He moved to his parents' native United Kingdom when he was 21.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Best has taken part in the reality TV shows Fool Around With on E4 and The Match on Sky One. In 2005 and 2006 he was featured in ITV's Celebrity Love Island, winning the second series on August 28, 2006. Around this time he played himself in the final episode of ITV's Footballers' Wives. In September 2006, Best appeared in the ITV2 series Calum, Fran and Dangerous Danan, in which he was seen travelling with Paul Danan and Fran Cosgrave from Texas to Los Angeles on America's U.S. Route 66.
In late 2006, Best launched a men's fragrance called "Calum", stating "I had all the input into the smell. I chose the smell, I chose the bottle, I chose the packaging, the whole thing", the product is being made by Jigsaw ESL.
Best went on to launch his second fragrance, called "Best". After that success, Jigsaw ESL also manufactured his third fragrance called "Day and Night".
In 2009, he appeared as a guest judge in reality television show Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, in which he tested the contestants' flirting abilities. In November 2009, he presented the BBC TV Documentary Brought up By Booze: A Children in Need Special, which highlighted the plight of children brought up by alcoholic parents. Best drew upon his relationship with his own father in the making of the programme, which the BBC described as a 'raw and often distressing journey'.
Best filled in a spot for Ian Wright on Live from Studio Five on January 8, 2010. On October 2, 2010, Best appeared as a celebrity on All Star Family Fortunes along with Denise Welch, who was on the opposing team.
In 2016, Best was a member of the cast of the E! series Famously Single, which follows eight single celebrities in their search for love. He also returned for the second season of Famously Single which premiered June 25, 2017.
On March 22, 2017, he presented the documentary My Best, directed by Luigi Maria Perotti. He defined this film therapeutic the documentary film helped him deal with his identity crisis and his alcohol problems.
- The Eternal Portal. "George Best (The Belfast Boy) Online Memorial Tribute". theeternalportal.com. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- This Morning, January 17, 2014.
- "Calum Best: My dad punched me in drunken rage", Belfast Telegraph, November 12, 2009; accessed December 13, 2012.
- Nolan, Emma (September 24, 2006). "Second Best at scoring and boozing". Irish Independent. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- Barriaux, Marianne (August 27, 2007). "Jade and Jordan boost the less sniffy end of scent market". London: The Guardian. Retrieved February 18, 2010.
- "Calum Best Comes To MTV". MTV UK. June 11, 2008. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- "BBC.co.uk Brought up By Booze: A Children in Need Special". BBC. November 11, 2009. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "Come Dine with Me – Episode Guide – Channel 4". Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Calum Best to celebrity host at Bingocams UK". bingocams.co.uk. April 20, 2012. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "Watch out girls, Calum signs up for 'Celebrity Bainisteoir'". Evening Herald. Independent News & Media. June 13, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- "Calum Best is Moy Davitts Celebrity Bainisteoir". Mayo Today. July 23, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "Who is Calum Best? Meet the Celebrity Big Brother 2015 contestant". The Telegraph. January 8, 2015. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "CBB final 2015: Calum Best becomes third housemate to be evicted – taking THIRD place". Mirror Online. February 6, 2015. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- ""Who is Calum Best? Celebrity Big Brother 2017 profile"". Radio Times.
- "Calum Best in shock eviction from Celebrity Big Brother missing out on live final". January 31, 2017.
- "'My Best' - interview with Luigi Maria Perotti - LIDF - Documentary Film Festival". www.lidf.co.uk.
- "Calum Best says making a film about his dad George was 'therapeutic'". May 12, 2016.