|Calverton shown within Buckinghamshire|
|Population||197 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||MILTON KEYNES|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Calverton is a civil parish in the Borough of Milton Keynes (ceremonial Buckinghamshire), England and just outside Milton Keynes itself. The parish consists of three hamlets: Upper Weald, Middle Weald and Lower Weald. Lower Weald is the largest, and Manor Farm, the parish church and the former parochial school are within its boundaries. It is assumed by many people to be Calverton.
The west side of nearby Stony Stratford was once included with the ecclesiastic parish of Calverton (the east side being in Wolverton). "The manorial rights over the west side were held with those of Calverton, [which] led to the manor of Calverton being often called the manor of Calverton with Stony Stratford, and the fair and market of Stony Stratford were included among its appurtenances", though an Act of Parliament in the 18th century separated them.
The parish of Calverton was part of Stratford and Wolverton Rural District from 1894 to 1919, when the rural district became an urban district, subsequently renamed Wolverton urban district in 1920. The area was re-established as a separate parish in 2001.
On 2 August 2011 the Grade 2* Listed Building Calverton Manor featured in BBC2's Restoration Home television series. The manor was sold in 1616 to Sir Simon Bennet, who had been Lord Mayor of London in 1603. The manor is reputedly haunted by the ghost of Lady Grace Bennett, who was murdered there in 1694. The Bennet family also owned the nearby manor of Beachampton.
- Neighbourhood Statistics 2011 Census, Accessed 3 February 2013
- Parishes in Milton Keynes Archived June 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. - Milton Keynes Council.
- 'Parishes : Calverton', Victoria History of the Counties of England, A History of the County of Buckingham: Volume 4 (1927), pp. 308-311.
- 'Parishes : Stony Stratford', Victoria History of the Counties of England, A History of the County of Buckingham: Volume 4 (1927), pp. 476-482.
- Taylor, John. "Lady Grace Bennett - butchered by the butcher". Milton Keynes Heritage Association. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
Media related to Calverton, Buckinghamshire at Wikimedia Commons