Calvin (given name)
|Gender||Male and sometimes female|
|Related names||Kelvin, Kevin, Vinnie, Alvin, Melvin, Cal, Cali, Elvis, Can, Ken, Kenny|
|Look up Calvin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Calvin is a masculine given name. It has been especially popular among American Protestants, who may be baptized as John Calvin to honor the religious leader, but are later known as "Calvin", "Cal", or "JC".
Notable people with this name include:
- John Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States.
- Calvin Abrams, Major League Baseball outfielder.
- Calvin Abueva (born 1988), Filipino professional basketball player
- Calvin Andrew (born 1986), English footballer.
- Calvin Borel, thoroughbred horse jockey.
- Calvin Broadus, rapper, better known as Snoop Dogg.
- Calvin Chen, a member of the Taiwanese boyband Fahrenheit.
- Calvin Cheng, fashion mogul.
- Calvin Gotlieb (born 1921), Canadian professor.
- Calvin Harris, Scottish electro musician/singer.
- Calvin Hill, former NFL player.
- Calvin Johnson (musician), frontman of Beat Happening and owner of indie label K Records.
- Calvin Johnson (American football), National Football League player.
- Calvin Klein (fashion designer).
- Calvin Shen (Doctor).
- Calvin Murphy, former National Basketball Association player.
- Calvin Ripken, Jr., former Major League Baseball player.
- Calvin Ripken, Sr., former Major League Baseball player.
- Calvin Trillin, writer.
- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes), a main character of the retired comic strip Calvin and Hobbes.
- Calvin Cambridge, main character in the 2002 film Like Mike
- Calvin Valentine, on the soap opera Hollyoaks.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|