This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
February 17, 1945|
New York, New York, U.S.
Calvin Jung (born February 17, 1945) is an American actor who is best known for his appearances in the films The Day After, RoboCop and Lethal Weapon 4. In the 1970s, Jung appeared in the "Ancient Chinese Secret" commercials for Calgon. Prior to his career in movies and television, Jung appeared in several plays of note in New York. He acted in Frank Chin's The Chickencoop Chinaman, the first play written by an Asian American to be produced by a major New York company, The American Place Theatre. Jung also appeared in Tina Howe's Museum, and David Henry Hwang's FOB. On Broadway, Jung has appeared in three plays, all in one calendar year. Jung made his debut in two plays only two days apart; he appeared in the Arthur Miller one-act A Memory of Two Mondays on January 26th, 1976, and appeared in a revival of They Knew What They Wanted by Sidney Howard the following night. Both productions were running in repertoire on Broadway until March of that year. By the end of 1976, Jung was back on Broadway in Sly Fox, an adaptation by Larry Gelbart of work by Ben Jonson.
- Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me (1971) - Harold Wong
- The Formula (1980) - Sergeant Louis Yosuta LAPD Tactical Squad
- The Challenge (1982) - Ando
- The Day After (1983) - Dr. Sam Hachiya
- In the Shadow of Kilimanjaro (1986) - Mitushi Uto
- RoboCop (1987) - Steve Minh
- American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989) - Izumo
- Frankie and Johnny (1991) - Officer Lee
- Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) - Detective Ng
- Buddha Heads (2002) - Suggzy Sugimoto
- True Vinyl (2004) - Hashimoto
- American Gun (2005) - Store owner
- Valentine's Day (2010) - Flower Mart Simon
- Bed & Breakfast: Love is a Happy Accident (2010) - Mr. Okata
- How I Met Your Mother (2013) - Chinese Mobster
- "Calvin Jung : Biography". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|