||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Calvin Prasad (born March 11, 1980) is an Indo-Fijian chess player. He is the first male chess player to earn a Candidate Master (CM) title for the small chess community of Fiji.[dead link][dead link]
He has represented Fiji four times in international tournaments, 2003 at the Fiji Invitational Chess Championships, 2004 at the Zonal Championships in Auckland, New Zealand,[dead link] and twice at the Chess Olympiad, (Mallorca 2004 and Turin 2006).
For the past 4 years, he has also served on the management board of the Fiji Chess Federation, of which he is currently the Vice-President.
Prasad was voted the National Male Athlete of 2006.
In 2011, Prasad won the Fiji National Chess Championships and became Fiji National Chess Champion. He last won this title in 2004.  Prasad was also awarded the '2011 Player of the Year Award'.2011 Player of the Year award went to last year's national champion CM Calvin Prasad
- "Prasad is Fiji's first CM". fijichess.com.
- Fiji chess player creates history
- Prasad is Fiji's National Athlete of the Year at fijichess.com, accessed 2008-01-25
- Prasad, Calvin team chess record at olimpbase.org
- Kumar, Manoj (17 February 2011). "Fiji Chess Federation open championship". Fiji Times. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- "Karate kid wins for dad". Fiji Times. 1 April 2007.
- "Prasad bags chess title".
|This biographical article relating to a Fijian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|