Calvin Presbyterian Church (Toronto)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Calvin Presbyterian Church|
Calvin Presbyterian Church in 2008
|Denomination||Presbyterian Church in Canada|
|Minister(s)||The Rev. Dr. Emily Bisset|
Calvin Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian Church in Canada congregation in the Deer Park area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The church building is located at 26 Delisle Avenue, close to Yonge Street and St. Clair Avenue.
The congregation began as a "Minority Group" from nearby Deer Park Presbyterian Church (subsequently Deer Park United Church) that voted against joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. First known as "Hill District Presbyterians", they later named their congregation after Reformation leader John Calvin.
- The Rev. Dr. Joseph Wasson, 1925 – 1955
- The Rev. Dr. Douglas Herron, 1956 – 1985
- The Rev. Dr. Kendrick Borden, 1987 – 2000
- The Rev. Ian A.R. McDonald, 2002 – c. 2011
- The Rev. Dr. Emily Bisset, 2012 – present
Musicians and recording engineers value the unique reverberation pattern of the Calvin Presbyterian sanctuary, with its similarity to the Sofiensaal in Vienna.
- Media related to Calvin Presbyterian Church (Toronto) at Wikimedia Commons
- Calvin Presbyterian Church website
|This article about a church building or other Christian place of worship in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|