This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Calypso Theme Waterpark|
|Location||Limoges, Ontario, Canada|
|Opened||7 June 2010|
|Operating season||June - September|
|Water slides||16 water slides|
A 100-acre facility, the theme park represents a total investment of around C$65 million and stands out among its competitors through its sheer size and the number of its state-of-the-art attractions.
In July 2012, Calypso Theme Waterpark welcomed its 1 millionth visitor.
In 2015, Calypso Theme Waterpark welcomed its 2 millionth visitor.
On June 15, 2018, Calypso opened their new attraction called "Funtana".
The theme park offers water attractions and adventures for all ages - from toddlers to extreme thrill seekers. The park features over 35 heated waterslides, 100 water games, Canada's largest wave pool (the equivalent of 3 official NHL hockey rinks), 2 theme rivers and one of North America's tallest waterslide towers - the Summit Tower - which opened in June 2011 and includes some of the fastest waterslides ever built.
Operating from June until September, the park employs over 600 seasonal employees including 125 certified lifeguards and 50 certified slide attendants. The park can accommodate 12,000 visitors per day and on average the park receives 400,000 visitors each season.
The park also includes a VIP area with 23 private cabanas and 10 deluxe private suites, a variety of food outlets and shops, picnic areas, three African-themed restaurants and visitor service areas with lockers, change rooms and showers.
- Adrenaline; a fast-paced speed slide.
- Blackhole; a completely dark tube slide.
- Boomerango; This raft slide features a giant half pipe with some crazy good hang time.
- Calypso Palace; Canada's largest wave pool.
- Canyon Rafting; a giant rafting slide that sloshes aggressively against 90° turns.
- Fast Track; a large scale racing slide using mats.
- Jungle Challenge; a shady obstacle course.
- Jungle Run; a unique lazy river using kickboards.
- Kongo Expedition; the park's second lazy river. Having opened in 2013, this ride curves through a jungle filled with primates and surprises!
- Pirate's Aquaplay; a large splash fortress
- Summit Tower; the park's "phase 2" expansion in 2011. Includes the Accelerators (4 downhill tube slides), the Aqualoops (2 looping body slides), and the Family Twisters (4 junior slides).
- Turbo Lab; consists of 4 bowl slides.
- Turbulence; twisting tube slide
- Vertigo; a body slide with a large freefall.
- Zoo Lagoon; a kids splash area with small slides.
- Zoomerang; a smaller, tube version of the Boomerango. This gives off some incredible wall time.
- Funtana; a splash pad for young children
On Monday, April 13, 2015, the Park was found guilty of six of eleven charges it faced under Ontario's Technical Standards and Safety Act.
- July 2015: Top 2015 Travellers' Choice Award by TripAdvisor Canadahttp://www.tripadvisor.ca/TravelersChoice-Attractions-cWaterparks-g154449".
- August 2015 MSN.com named Calypso Theme Waterpark one of the top 20 most exciting waterparks in the world https://web.archive.org/web/20160306202120/http://www.msn.com/fr-ca/voyage/adventuretravel/20-des-plus-excitants-parcs-aquatiques-au--monde/ss-AAdx2f1?ocid=iehp#image=6".
- 2014: Ottawa Tourism's Innovation of the Year Award for "Kongo Expedition" theme riverhttps://web.archive.org/web/20161221085856/https://www.ottawatourism.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2014-04-24-EMBARGOED-Ottawa-Tourism-Awards-eng.pdf".
- 2012 Ottawa Tourism's Innovation of the Year Award for "Summit Tower""http://www.calypsoparc.com/files/3913/9525/8595/Communiqu_OttawaTourismAward2012_EN.pdf".
- Valcartier, Groupe Calypso. "Calypso Theme Waterpark Invests $3 Million with its Newest Attraction - A Magical Marine Kingdom Specifically Designed for Toddlers and where Access is Free!". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2019-04-23.
- David Gonczol (2010-04-06) Nearly ready for summertime fun, Ottawa Citizen