This article has an unclear citation style.September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
Number of locations
|22 offices (2019)|
Calypso (Calypso Technology, Inc.) is a software application provider specializing in Capital Markets, Investment Management, Central Banking, Risk Management, Clearing, Collateral and Treasury & Liquidity. Their integrated suite of trading and risk applications is used by banks and other financial companies.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Calypso was founded in 1997 by Charles Marston and Kishore Bopardikar and acquired by PE firms Bridgepoint and Summit Partners in June 2016. The company has over 20 offices in 18 countries.[third-party source needed]
Calypso's software is written entirely in Java and serves Front Office, Middle Office, and Back Office functions, allowing financial institutions to consolidate their infrastructure on a single platform. Their flagship product, Bank-in-a-Box, bundles the software with a Target Operating Model for the processing of all asset classes, as well as pre-configured business workflows and market best practices. In July 2017, Calypso completed acquisition of minority stake in Sernova Financial.
Awards and achievements
Calypso has won several awards, including:
- Asia Risk's 2016 Technology Provider of the Year Award 
- FOW Awards for Asia's 2016 Best New Technology Product: Risk
- FOW Awards for Asia's 2015 Best Product: Clearing 
- Financial Technology Forum's 2015 Best Clearing and Settlement Solution
- Risk Technology Ranking's 2014 #1 for Clearing
- Asia Risk's 2013 Technology Development of the Year Award
- Markets Media's Best Derivatives Risk Management System
- "Calypso Technology Acquired by 2 Private Equity Firms - WatersTechnology.com". WatersTechnology.com. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Risk, Investment, Cross-asset trading and management firm | Contact Calypso". Calypso Technology. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Calypso Completes Acquisition of Minority Stake in Sernova Financial | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2017-07-24. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "Technology Provider of the Year: Calypso Technology - Risk.net". risk.net. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "FOW International Awards shortlist | Futures & Options World - Let's Talk Derivatives". fow.com. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Awards for Asia 2015 - shortlist unveiled | Futures & Options World - Let's Talk Derivatives". fow.com. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "FTF News Unveils the Technology Innovation Award Winners | FTF News". ftfnews.com. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Risk technology rankings 2014: Doing more, for less - Risk.net". risk.net. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Technology Development of the Year – Calypso cross-product margining - Risk.net". risk.net. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Best Derivatives Risk-Management System: Calypso Technology". Markets Media. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Asia Risk technology rankings 2016: Who rules the roost? - Risk.net". risk.net. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Asia Risk technology rankings 2015: Heavyweights win again - Risk.net". risk.net. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|