Cameron Bancroft (cricketer)
|Full name||Cameron Timothy Bancroft|
19 November 1992 |
Attadale, Western Australia,
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium|
|Role||Batsman, occasional wicket-keeper|
|Only T20I (cap 79)||31 January 2016 v India|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: CricketArchive, 26 May 2016|
Cameron Timothy Bancroft (born 19 November 1992) is an Australian cricketer, currently contracted to Western Australia domestically. After playing Under-17, Under-19 and Under-23 for Western Australia, he played several Test and ODIs for the Australian Under-19 cricket team; where he impressed with his high scoring ability, scoring 3 centuries, at an average of 50.90. He made his List A debut for Western Australia against Tasmania on 16 October 2011, and his first-class debut a week later. In August 2012, Bancroft partook in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, where he scored the second highest total (196 runs) for Australia, second only to William Bosisto, the Australian Captain.
Bancroft was selected in the Australian test squad to tour Bangladesh; however, that tour was cancelled for security reasons. Bancroft and the rest of the team returned to their states, and Bancroft belted 176 off 155 balls in the first Matador Cup match of the 2015–16 season.
- Cameron Bancroft player profile – Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- Bancroft fashions Australia U-19 win – Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Cameron Bancroft to debut – wtsmanagement.com.au. Published 15 October 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- Records: ICC Under-19 World Cup, 2012 – Australia Under-19s (Young Cricketers) – Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Bancroft, Steketee take Australia to final – Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "India tour of Australia, 3rd T20I: Australia v India at Sydney, Jan 31, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 31 January 2016.