Thành phố Cẩm Phả
|• Total||486.45 km2 (187.82 sq mi)|
|Elevation||70 m (230 ft)|
|• Density||418/km2 (1,080/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC + 7 (UTC+7)|
|Website||Cẩm Phả city|
Cẩm Phả ( listen) is a city of Quảng Ninh Province in the north-east region of Vietnam. It is an important coal exporting port of Vietnam (UNCTAD: VNCPH). As of February 2012, the city had a population of 195,800. The city covers an area of 486 km². The city was promoted from Cẩm Phả District by February, 2012. Cẩm Phả was the site of one of the biggest coal mines in south of Asia which has been exploited for almost a century. The coal mine featured on a special commemorative Vietnam stamp in March 1959. Coal still forms the basis of Cẩm Phả's local economy, with other industries including quarrying, lime production, port, agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
The official town website claims several scenic and historical sites in Cẩm Phả including the Cửa Ông Temple, Rều Island (Monkey Island), Thẻ Vàng Island, the Vũng Đục historical site, and Hang Hanh cave.
The city contains 13 phường: Quang Hanh, Cẩm Thạch, Cẩm Thuỷ, Cẩm Trung, Cẩm Thành, Cẩm Tây, Cẩm Bình, Cẩm Đông, Cẩm Sơn, Cẩm Phú, Cẩm Thịnh, Cửa Ông, Mông Dương, and 3 communes: Dương Huy, Cộng Hoà, Cẩm Hải.
Port of Cẩm Phả
Though the port of Cẩm Phả has a general maximum draft of 4.8 metres, it has a separate coal loading terminal with a dredged depth of 6.1 metres and a channel depth of 7.1 metres. This allows ships of upto 10 metres draft to load due to the tidal range in the port. The coal loading terminal is 299 metres long, and can accommodate ships that are 165 metres in length, at an average loading rate of 6,000 tonnes per day.
Coal mining in Cẩm Phả started over 100 years ago. Mining area discharges to the sea about 9 millions m3 waste water and 8 million m3 domestic waste water. Another issue is deforestation, for example, from 1969 to 1974, about 42% of area of forest land was reduced.
- "Cẩm Phả Port Information". www.yicang.com. Yicang Port Database. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- (in Vietnamese)Về việc thành lập thành phố Cẩm Phả thuộc tỉnh Quảng Ninh, Government Web Portal
- T. H. Yellowdawn Fermented Foods: Naturally Enzymatic Therapy 2008 Page 274 "Cẩm Phả is a town in Vietnam, where was the place of coal mine, the biggest coal industry in south of Asia has been exploited in almost a century, close to seashore of Ha Long Bay, where is the eighth wonderful scenery of thousand .."
- Cẩm Phả coal mine Archived 2013-11-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cẩm Phả town website 2/25/2011
- "Port information - Cẩm Phả". Sea rates.
- "Port of Cẩm Phả - port information". www.port.sol.com.cn. China ports directory. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Guide to port entry - Port of Cẩm Phả - Ship Masters report. London: IHS Fairplay. 1 January 2017.
- Yuguang Guo, Tad S. Golosinski (1996). Mining Science and Technology: Proceedings of the '96 International Symposium on Mining Science and Technology. p. 266.