Cam Ranh International Airport
|Cam Ranh International Airport
Sân bay Quốc tế Cam Ranh
Cam Ranh Airport terminal
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Serves||Nha Trang, Vietnam|
|Location||Cam Ranh, Vietnam|
|Hub for||Jetstar Pacific Airlines
|Elevation AMSL||40 ft / 12 m|
Cam Ranh International Airport (IATA: CXR, ICAO: VVCR) (Vietnamese: Sân bay Quốc tế Cam Ranh) is located on Cam Ranh Bay in Cam Ranh, a town in Khánh Hòa Province in Vietnam. It serves the city of Nha Trang, which is 30 km (16 NM) from the airport. This airport handled 4,858,362 passengers in 2016.
|This section does not cite any sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1972, the base was turned over to the South Vietnamese government. On April 3, 1975, North Vietnamese forces captured Cam Ranh Bay and all of its remaining facilities. From 1979 to 2002, the facility was used by the Soviet and then Russian Air Force because of a 25-year rent-free leasing treaty.
On May 19, 2004, after major reconstruction, the airport received its first commercial flight from Hanoi. It now handles all of Nha Trang's commercial flights, which previously headed to Nha Trang Airport. In 2007, Cam Ranh was upgraded to an international airport. In December 2009, Cam Ranh International Airport was opened. The total invested capital is approximately VND 300 billion.
The airport resides at an elevation of 40 feet (12 m) above mean sea level. The first runway designated 02/20 with a concrete surface measuring 10,000 by 150 feet (3,048 m × 46 m). The second runway is under construction, it will open in 2018 with a concrete surface measuring 10,000 by 150 feet (3,048 m × 46 m).
Airlines and destinations
Cam Ranh was the fourth busiest airport in Vietnam in 2012, it served 1.2 million passengers
- "ACV: Hội nghị tổng kết công tác năm 2016 và triển khai kế hoạch năm 2017". ACV. 2017-01-20.
- "Cam Ranh International Airport (CRIA)".
- Airport information for VVCR from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for VVCR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- VnExpress. "Gần 2.000 tỷ đồng xây đường băng cho sân bay Cam Ranh - VnExpress". Tin nhanh VnExpress (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Air China Adds New SE Asian Routes from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Открыта продажа на прямые рейсы из Улан-Удэ во Вьетнам". Baikal Airport. 7 September 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "China Eastern Adds Vietnam Links from Zhengzhou eff July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Guangzhou – Cam Ranh route from Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "HK Express schedules Cam Ranh/Nha Trang launch in Nov 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Mở đường bay thẳng Nha Trang - Thái Lan". VTV Online. VTV. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "LoongAir Makes International Debut in late-June 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Vietnam Airlines adds new Cam Ranh - China charters in 1Q17". routesonline. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Vietnam Airlines Adds Nha Trang/Cam Ranh - Beijing from mid-Jan 2016". Airlineroute.net. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Kết quả sản xuất kinh doanh của ACV: Năm 2015 sản lượng hành khách thông qua cảng đạt trên 63 triệu lượt, tăng 24,2% so với năm 2014". ACV. 2016-01-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cam Ranh International Airport.|
- Accident history for VVCR at Aviation Safety Network
- Cam Ranh International Airport Transfer Service