Cam Ward (politician)
|Member of the Alabama Senate
from the 14th district
November 3, 2010
|Preceded by||Hank Erwin|
|Member of the Alabama House of Representatives
from the 14th district
November 5, 2002 – November 3, 2010
|Preceded by||Dave Thomas|
|Succeeded by||April Weaver|
March 24, 1971 |
Milton, Florida, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Julie Cain (Divorced 2015)
Lindsey Clements Ward (2016–present)
|Education||Troy University (BA)
Samford University (JD)
Ward was born in Milton, Florida and graduated from Bradford County High School in Starke, Florida. He received an undergraduate degree (international relations and political science) from Troy University and a law degree from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. While at Troy, Ward served two terms as Student Government Association president.
Ward is the Executive Director of the Industrial Development Board of Alabaster, Alabama. He is chairman of the Autism Task Force of Alabama and helped launch Autism Alabama, "an on-line library providing distance learning for teachers who have children on the autism spectrum."
In December 2010, Ward supported a piece of legislation granting Subpoena Power to the Alabama Ethics Commission. The bill passed both chambers of the Alabama Legislature on December 16, 2010, and was signed into law by Governor Bob Riley.
In 2016, Ward was recognized by the Foundation for Government Accountability's with the "Friend of Government Accountability Award" for his efforts in healthcare reform.[non-primary source needed]
- Alabama State Senate – 2010– present
- Alabama House of Representatives – 2002–2010
- Executive Director, Alabaster Industrial Development Board – 2001–present
- District Director of Congressman Spencer Bachus – 1998–2001
- Assistant Alabama Secretary of State – 1998
- Deputy Attorney General, State Auditors Office – 1996–1998
- Alabama Republican Party, Political Staff Assistant – 1994–1996
- Office of Governor Guy Hunt, Legislative Intern – 1993
- Judiciary- Chairman
- Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Development- Vice- Chairman
- Government Appropriations
- Transportation & Energy
- Constitution & Elections
- Jefferson County Local Legislation
- Shelby County Local Legislation- Chairman
- Alabama Law Institute- President
- Legislative Council
- Joint Reapportionment Committee
- Joint Oversight of Public Accounts
- Joint Oversight for Energy Policy- Chairman
- Joint Oversight for State Parks
- Joint Oversight for Prisons - Chairman
- Sentencing Commission
- Alabama Autism Council - Chairman
- U.S./Canada Energy Council- Executive Committee
- National Conference for State Legislators Energy, Transportation, Agriculture Committee- Chairman
- Council of State Governments- Committee on Suggested Legislation
- Justice Reinvestment Council
- National Commission on Uniform State Laws
- Southern States Energy Board
- Southern Legislative Conference- Executive Committee
- Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee
- "Senator Cam Ward". The Alabama Legislature.
- "Troy University Magazine".
- "Industrial Development Board | Alabaster, AL". Cityofalabaster.com. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Gray, Jeremy (December 21, 2008). "Daughter's autism gives Alabama lawmaker a cause". AL.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Autism Alabama site launched". September 3, 2009.
- White, David (December 15, 2010). "Legislature passes bill giving Alabama Ethics Commission subpoena power". AL.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Cam Ward - Alabama Senate Republican Caucus". Alabama Senate Republican Caucus. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "Cam Ward Receives National Award for Health Care Reform Efforts". CamWard.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.