Camagüey railway station
|Ferrocarriles de Cuba|
View of the station platforms
|Location||Avenida Van Horne and Avenida Finlay|
|Owned by||National Government|
|Line(s)||Havana-Santa Clara-Camagüey-Santiago |
Camagüey-Santa Cruz del Sur
Camagüey is the main railway station of the city of Camagüey, seat of the homonym province, Cuba. The station, informally known as Camagüey Central, is owned by the state company Ferrocarriles de Cuba (FFCC) and is located in the Avenida Van Horne, in the middle of the city and just in front of the Hotel Plaza.
Camagüey station has a large one-floor building in Spanish Colonial style. It counts 3 tracks, and the third serves a minor shed, extended along the nearby Finlay Park. It is crossed by the Avenida Carlos J. Finlay and, after a level crossing, counts a secondary passenger building. 2 km in south east, in the Garrido ward, it counts a larger shed with a motive power depot.
All the lines serving the station, included the main one (Havana-Santiago), are not electrified and have a single track.
The station is served by several long-distance trains linking almost the whole island as the flagship Tren Francés (French Train) Havana-Santa Clara-Santiago. Other long-distance trains, principally departing/ending at Havana Central, link Camagüey to Holguín, Guantánamo, Bayamo, Matanzas, Ciego de Ávila, Las Tunas, Manzanillo and other cities. There are also some inter-regional and regional trains to Morón, Nuevitas, Vertientes and Santa Cruz del Sur.
- (in Spanish) Camagüey railway station on monografias.com
- See the File:Esquema ferrocarril cuba.png
- (in Spanish) Railways in Camagüey on EcuRed
- Camagüey station (main building) on Panoramio
- Camagüey station (east side building) on Panoramio
- Train travel in Cuba: infos, timetables, pictures
- Infos about the Tren Francés (details for Santiago-Camagüey track)
- Infos about Camagüey-Morón train
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camagüey railway station.|