Camano Island State Park
|Camano Island State Park|
|Washington State Park|
|Elevation||141 ft (43 m) |
|Area||173 acres (70 ha)|
|Management||Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission|
|Website: Camano Island State Park|
Camano Island State Park is publicly owned recreation area on Camano Island in Puget Sound located 14 miles (23 km) southwest of Stanwood in Island County, Washington, United States. The park occupies 173 acres (70 ha) and has 6,700 feet (2,000 m) of shoreline. It is managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission.
The park was established in 1949. It took just one day for 900 volunteers from Camano Island to complete the initial work on the park.
A wide variety of animals make their homes in the woods, beaches and waters of Camano Island State Park. Mammals include mule deer, elk, skunks, coyotes, chipmunks, rabbits, raccoon, whales, and otters. Fish, shellfish, crustaceans and other sea life in the waters of the park include crabs, sea cucumber, trout, cod, crappie, perch, sharks and eels. A variety of birds are found in the park including bald eagles, owls, osprey, ducks, geese, gulls, hummingbirds, wrens, and herons. These animals live among trees and plants like cedar, Douglas fir, spruce, alder, yew, seaweed, rhododendron, Indian pipe and thistle.
The park features swimming and diving, fishing, clamming and crabbing, cabin rentals, an 88-site tent campground, group camp, restroom and shower facilities for campers, and a picnic area. There are 3 miles (4.8 km) of hiking trails and a mile-long biking trail, and boat ramps providing access to Puget Sound.
- "Camano Island State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Camano Island State Park". Washington State Parks. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- "Camano Island State Park: Wildlife and Environmental Features". Washington State Parks. Archived from the original on 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camano Island State Park.|
- Camano Island State Park Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Camano Island State Park Map Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission