Camberwell High School
|Camberwell High School|
Disco Consulere Aliis
(Learning to be considerate of others)
|Number of students||Approx. 1,200|
|Colour(s)||Green and Red|
|Publications||Bi-Weekly Newsletter, Annual Prospice|
Camberwell High School is located on a 3.2-hectare site in Canterbury, which lies about twelve kilometres from Melbourne's Central Business District. The school has multi-storeyed cream brick buildings, and extensive facilities. The school opened in 1941, with over 350 students – as of 2010, the school's population is capped at 1200 students. At the beginning of Term 2 2010, Ms Jill Laughlin became the new Principal of Camberwell High School. She was the Assistant Principal at Dandenong High School.
The Brinsley Road Community School, also known as Camberwell High Annex, was established in February 1973 under the umbrella of Camberwell High School with the support of Camberwell High School's progressive principal Margaret Essex.
In 2011 the school commenced construction of a new building, the Innovation Centre, on the basketball courts. The Centre will house a theatrette and extensive media and IT facilities. It is a replacement for the ageing Oval portables, which currently house the year nines at the school. They will be demolished once the Innovation Centre is completed and the year nines will shift into the Centre. In late 2012 the innovation centre was completed and the year 9 students moved in. 
- David Bridie, musician
- Marie Collier, opera singer
- Jim Conway, musician
- Mic Conway, musician
- Will Sparks, musician
- Tom Kanz, socialite
- Hazel Edwards, author
- Elliot Goblet, comedian
- Lindsay Kline, cricketer
- Robert Manne, lecturer of politics
- Robert Stone (basketball), Basketball
- Kylie Minogue, Pop singer, songwriter, actress and The Voice coach 
- Dannii Minogue, singer, actress, TV personality, The X Factor & Australia's Got Talent judge
- Brian Naylor, Channel 9 newsreader
- Kwong Lee Dow, Former Dean of Education, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor at The University of Melbourne
Films and television
The Australian television series The Worst Year Of My Life - Again! was recently filmed at Camberwell High School.
- About Camberwell High School, Retrieved on 18 August 2011
- "Maths Runs in his family", The Age via Google News. Retrieved on 25 July 2009
- "Kylie Minogue - Biography, Photos, News, Videos, Reviews, Movie Reviews - Contactmusic.com". Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- 9 February 2009, "Brian Naylor; Channel Nine Newsreader",
- Lachlan Parr, TV personality
- Metlikovec, Jane (30 March 2008). "Nicolas Cage goes back to school". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 21 May 2008.
- Tom Reilly (9 March 2008), "New school of thought on Ja'mie and Jonah", The Age. Retrieved on 23 July 2009