Cambodia Securities Exchange
|Founded||11 July 2011|
|Headquarters||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Hean Sahib (BoD Chairman), Hong Sok Huor (CEO)|
Number of employees
|39 (Dec 2011)|
The Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX) (Khmer: ក្រុមហ៊ុន ផ្សារមូលបត្រកម្ពុជា; abbreviation: ផមក) is the national stock exchange of Cambodia. The exchange's purpose is to achieve high economic growth by facilitating flows of capital, investment, and reallocation of capital based on capital market mechanisms. The exchange is headquartered in the Canadia Tower, in Cambodia's capital city, Phnom Penh.
In November 2006, the Cambodian Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and Korea Exchange (KRX) signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop the securities market in Cambodia. The following November, Cambodian Prime Minister, Samdech Hun Sen hosted an international conference promoting the launch of the Cambodia Securities Market project.
In March 2009, the Royal Government of Cambodia and Korea Exchange signed a "Joint-Venture Agreement" to establish a stock market ("The Cambodia Securities Exchange Co., Ltd"). The Cambodia Securities Exchange was then incorporated on 23 February 2010. The MEF owns 55% of the registered capital and KRX the remaining 45%.
On 18 April 2012, Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority became the first domestically listed company on the Cambodian Securities Exchange. Its shares went up 48 percent on the first day of trading after investors sought more than 10 times the available stock. The second stock listed currently (February 2015) is Grand Twins International, a Taiwanese garment maker, which first trading day was on 16 June 2014.
CSX Historical Highlights
- 18 April 2012 – Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority became the first domestically listed company on the Cambodian Securities Exchange.
- 11 July 2011 – CSX was inaugurated by Deputy Prime Minister Keat Chhon, Minister of Economy and Finance.
- 28 February 2011 – CSX received approval from SECC to operate as Market Operator, Clearing and Settlement Facility, and Depository Operator.
- 23 February 2010 – Business Registration as a public enterprise with majority government shareholding.
- 23 March 2009 – "Joint Venture Agreement" between Royal Government of Cambodia represented by Ministry of Economy and Finance and Korea Exchange.
- 21 January 2008 – MOU on "The establishment of a Cambodia Securities Exchange in the Kingdom of Cambodia" was signed by MEF and KRX.
- 6 September 2007 – International Conference on the Launch of the Cambodia Securities Market Project.
- 20 November 2006 – MOU on "The development of the Securities Market in Cambodia" was signed by MEF and KRX.
- H.E. HEAN Sahib (ហ៊ាន សាហ៊ីប), Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Mr. HONG Sok Hour (ហុង សុហួរ), CEO
- Mr. MIN Kyoung-hoon, COO
CSX is composed of the following departments:
- Administration and Finance Department
- IT Department
- Listing and Disclosure Department
- Market Operations Department
- Clearing and Settlement Department
- Depository Department
Three state-owned enterprises have been instructed by the government to list their stocks for trading. 
|1||Phnom Penh Water Supply||Energy & Utilities|
|3||Sihanoukville Autonomous Port||Commerce|
The list of companies which are actually listed is shown here, http://www.csx.com.kh/en/company/list.jsp?MNCD=6010.
Member Institutions Licensed for Underwriting
The following brokerage firms hold membership to the CSX and are authorized to perform securities underwriting
|1||Phnom Penh Securities Firm Plc.|
|2||OSK Indochina Securities Limited|
|3||Cambodia – Vietnam Securities Plc.|
|4||Cana Securities Ltd.|
|5||Campu Securities Plc.|
|6||DBS Bank Ltd. (Singapore)|
|7||Tong Yang Securities (Cambodia) Plc.|
|8||SBI Royal Securities Plc|
Trading, Settlement and Depository
- Trading is executed through a continuous multiple-price auction process from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, with opening at 9:00 AM and closing at 11:30 AM.
- Settlements between members and CSX are carried out through 3 participating banks: ACLEDA Bank, Canadia Bank, BIDC.
- All securities listed and traded on the CSX are deposited with the CSX.
- Detailed trading and settlement process and related mechanisms can be found at, http://www.csx.com.kh/operation/market/listPosts.do?MNCD=3010.
- Shen, Lucinda (2016-03-25). "This Stock Exchange Opened With Just One Company Listed". Fortune. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- PPWSA up 48 per cent on first day Phnom Penh Post 2012, retrieved on 16 July 2012
- Cambodia Securities Exchange (English)
- Cambodia Securities Exchange (Khmer)
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Cambodia