Dispersed Rural Community
|Etymology: Named for Camborne in Cornwall, England, itself from the Cornish Cambron, 'Crooked Hill'|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||181 m (594 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (EDT)|
|Postal code FSA|
|Area code(s)||905, 289, 365|
Camborne is an unincorporated place and dispersed rural community in Hamilton Township, Northumberland County in Central Ontario, Canada. It is located on County Road 18 about 6.5 km (4 mi) north of Ontario Highway 401 exit 472 and 10 km (6 mi) north of Cobourg. The village has a population of approximately 350.
Camborne was settled by United Empire Loyalists and immigrants, primarily from the United Kingdom, in the early- and mid-19th century. It was established as a rural, agricultural community.
The municipal office for the Township of Hamilton is located in Camborne. Camborne Public School, a junior elementary school that is part of the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, is also located in the village, and the original one-room school is maintained as an active community centre and historic site.
- "Camborne". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- Elevation taken from Google Maps at coordinates. Accessed 2018-07-02.
- "CLAIMaps IV". Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines. 2016. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- Map 6 (PDF) (Map). 1 : 700,000. Official road map of Ontario. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- Restructured municipalities - Ontario map #5 (Map). Restructuring Maps of Ontario. Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. 2006. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Home Page". Township of Hamilton. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Camborne Public School". Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Archived from the original on 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Old Camborne School and Playground Committee". Township of Hamilton. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
|This Ontario location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|