Camborne and Redruth (UK Parliament constituency)
|Camborne and Redruth|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Camborne and Redruth in Cornwall.
Location of Cornwall within England.
|Population||85,436 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||64,798 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||George Eustice (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Falmouth and Camborne|
|European Parliament constituency||South West England|
The constituency was created for the 2010 general election, following a review of parliamentary representation in Cornwall by the Boundary Commission, which increased the number of seats in the county from five to six., primarily as the successor to Falmouth and Camborne.
The District of Kerrier wards of Camborne North, Camborne South, Camborne West, Constantine, Gweek and Mawnan, Illogan North, Illogan South, Mabe and Budock, Redruth North, Redruth South, St Day, Lanner and Carharrack, Stithians, and Wendron, the District of Penwith wards of Gwinear, Gwithian and Hayle East, Hayle North, and Hayle South, and the District of Carrick ward of Mount Hawke.
In addition to the towns of Camborne and Redruth, which were both previously in the Falmouth and Camborne seat, this seat has the village of Mount Hawke from the former Truro and St Austell seat and the western town of Hayle, transferred from the St Ives constituency.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Geoff Williams||2,979||6.1||-6.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Julia Goldsworthy*||5,687||12.4||-25.0|
|Mebyon Kernow||Loveday Jenkin||897||2.0||+0.1|
|Liberal Democrat||Julia Goldsworthy*||15,903||37.4||+1.6|
|Mebyon Kernow||Loveday Jenkin||775||1.8||+0.9|
|Socialist Labour||Robert Hawkins||168||0.4||+0.4|
|Conservative gain from Liberal Democrat||Swing||+5.2|
- * Served as the MP for Falmouth and Camborne from 2005, until its abolition in 2010
- "Camborne and Redruth: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly". Boundary Commission for England. 9 January 2005. Archived from the original on 2 November 2009. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "C" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Camborne & Redruth parliamentary constituency". BBC News.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Lavery, Kevin (20 April 2010). "Camborne and Redruth statement of persons nominated and notice of poll" (PDF). Acting Returning Officer, Cornwall Council. Retrieved 20 April 2010.
- General Election 2010 - Camborne & Redruth BBC News
- nomis Constituency Profile for Camborne and Redruth — presenting data from the ONS annual population survey and other official statistics.