This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cambridge Health Alliance Cambridge Hospital Campus|
|Cambridge Health Alliance|
Entrance to the Cambridge Hospital campus
|Location||1493 Cambridge Street, Cambridge MA, Massachusetts, United States|
|Affiliated university||Harvard Medical School|
|Lists||Hospitals in Massachusetts|
The Cambridge Hospital campus is a community teaching hospital located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. The hospital is located at 1493 Cambridge Street, between Inman Square and Harvard Square. It is one of three hospital campuses part of Cambridge Health Alliance.
The main Cambridge Hospital campus has a wide variety of health services including:
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Primary Care for all ages
- Cambridge Women's Health Center
- Cambridge Breast Center
- Maternity Care, including the Cambridge Birth Center
- Medical Specialties
- Surgical Specialties
- Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
- Mental Health
- Cambridge Breast Center, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- CT Service, American College of Radiology
- Ultrasound Service, American College of Radiology
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, American College of Radiology
- Baby Friendly Hospital, National Baby Friendly Health Initiative
Cambridge Health Alliance is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, and the Tufts University School of Medicine.
Training programs include:
- Harvard Internal Medicine Residency Program - a premier academic community based training program with emphasis on primary care in underserved population with the flexibility of subspecialty training at other Harvard-affiliated tertiary care teaching hospitals, and in producing healthcare policy and community leaders. The training site of Harvard Medical School Cambridge Integrated Clerkship for Harvard medical students.
- Combined Training in Internal Medicine and Occupational Medicine - a new combined four-year training program began in 2010, administered by Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health which allow residents to become board-eligible in both specialties: internal medicine and occupational (preventive) medicine and receive a Masters of Public Health Degree (MPH) at HSPH.
- Family Medicine Residency Program - affiliated with Tufts University School of Medicine. Based in Malden, Massachusetts as one of 14 nationwide residency curriculum using the new model of residency training called Preparing the Personal Physician for Practice (P4).
- Harvard General Psychiatry Residency Program - this is one of the four Harvard Medical School Adult Psychiatric Residencies. The department serves as a popular training site for Harvard Medical students.
- Harvard Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Training Program - this is one of the three Harvard Medical School Child Psychiatric Residencies.
- CHA also training programs in Podiatric Surgery, Dentistry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychology, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- WCVB - Channel 5 Boston, "Harvard Program Focuses On Bedside Manner", WCVB, September 27, 2011
- Bielaszka-DuVernay, Christina, "Taking Public Health Approaches To Care In Massachusetts", Health Affairs, September 2011
- Conaboy, Chelsea, "Connecting underserved patients to preventive care", Boston.com, May 23, 2011
- Nesin, Marjorie, "Cambridge Health wins Harvard Medical School Diversity Award", Boston.com, May 6, 2011
- Shaw, Gienna, "Case Study: The Coordinated ED", Health Leaders Media Breakthroughs, April 29, 2011
- AAMC, "The Academic Researcher: Bringing Science to Health Care Delivery", Association of American Medical Colleges, April 20, 2011
- Daniel, Seth, "Practicing Teamwork – Revere Clinic is All About Collaboration and Communication", Revere Journal, March 3, 2011
- Parker, Brock, "Check online for hospital emergency room wait times", Boston.com, February 18, 2011
- Laidler, John, "Health care focusing on teamwork", Boston.com, December 16, 2010
- Falco, Miriam, "Study: Lack of breastfeeding costs lives, billions of dollars", CNN.com, April 6, 2010
- Fennimore, Jillian, "Federal funds help heal ailing Cambridge Health Alliance", Cambridge Chronicle, March 25, 2009
- Cambridge Health Alliance website
- CHA Provider Directory
- Cambridge Breast Center
- Cambridge Pediatrics
- Cambridge Primary Care Center