The Cambridge Network is a commercial business networking organisation for business people and academics working in technology fields in the Cambridge area of the UK. The businesses and organisations that make up its membership are typical of those found in the 'Cambridge Cluster' or Silicon Fen. The network is inclusive and encourages cross-sector and cross-business engagement so that new areas of innovation are started.
Chairman of Cambridge Network Ltd is Bill Parsons recently EVP of ARM, and current Board Members include founder Hermann Hauser, Prof Lynn Gladden Pro V-C of Cambridge University, David Halstead of Deloitte, Hugh Parnell of NW Brown, Prof Michael Thorne V-C of Anglia Ruskin University, Peter Taylor of TTP Group and Ken Woodberry of Microsoft. Its President is the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge, Professor Sir Leszek Borysiewicz. Claire Ruskin is chief executive, appointed in March 2011 and David Mardle of Taylor Wessing is Company Secretary.
- The organisation's mission is "We raise the game for business in Cambridge, and through that we try to raise the game for economic growth in the UK. Cambridge Network brings people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration and partnership for shared success. ".
- It has over 1,200 corporate and 300 individual members.
- The Cambridge Network facilitates a number of other services, including
- The Cambridge Corporate Gateway - a service dedicated to matching external organisation's technological requirement to companies in the Cambridge area.
- Open meetings and lectures intended to bring together business and academic interests.
- The Learning Collaboration - encouraging local companies to pool training resources.
- The Recruitment Gateway - a service designed to attract and retain the best and most talented people to work in Cambridge.
A number of special interest groups have arisen from Cambridge Network activities.
- "Corporate membership". Cambridge Network. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Individual membership". Cambridge Network. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "The Cambridge Cluster Report 2007" (PDF). Library House. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- Alan Cane, 'Company set up to promote 'Silicon Fen' ', Financial Times, 27 April 1998.
- Judith Judd, 'Millionaire to turn dons into tycoons', The Independent, 14 June 1998
- Ross Davies, 'Degrees of success in Oxbridge hi-tech race', The Evening Standard, 24 August 1998, p. 33
- "About us". Cambridge Network. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- Directory of members of Cambridge Network, Cambridge Network, UK.
- "Cambridge Network Activities". Cambridge Network. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Cambridge Network Activities". Cambridge Network. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|