Cambridge Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Cambridge Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
The Broom-Braden Stone House, a historic site in the township
Location of Cambridge Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.8 sq mi (90.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||419/sq mi (161.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||43725, 43750|
|GNIS feature ID||1086178|
Cambridge Township is one of the nineteen townships of Guernsey County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 14,570, of whom 3,935 lived in the unincorporated portion of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Liberty Township - north
- Jefferson Township - northeast
- Center Township - east
- Jackson Township - south
- Westland Township - southwest
- Adams Township - west
- Knox Township - northwest
Name and history
Cambridge Township was established in 1810. It is the only Cambridge Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cambridge township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Cambridge township, Cambridge township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 284.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.