Camden Academy Charter High School
|Camden Academy Charter High School|
879 Beideman Avenue|
Camden, NJ 08105
|Type||Charter public high school|
|Motto||The Passport to the Future|
|Principal||Dr. Joseph Conway|
|Enrollment||466 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.8:1|
|Newspaper||The Daily Claw|
Camden Academy Charter High School is a four-year comprehensive public charter high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grades from Camden, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. The school operates under the terms of a charter granted by the New Jersey Department of Education.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 466 students and 43.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 10.8:1. There were 374 students (80.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 41 (8.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and honors
The Camden Academy Charter High School Cougars compete independently of any league or conference and operates under the auspices of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. With 366 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as South Jersey, Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 78 to 478 students in that grade range.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Dr. Joseph Conway, Principal
- School data for Camden Academy Charter High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Camden Academy Charter High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed March 24, 2015.
- Staff. "Top Schools Alphabetical List 2014", New Jersey Monthly, September 2, 2014. Accessed September 5, 2014.
- League Memberships – 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.