Cameron Boyce (cricketer)
|Full name||Cameron John Boyce|
|Born||27 July 1989|
Charleville, Queensland, Australia
|Domestic team information|
|2010- present||Queensland (squad no. 49)|
|2013- 2018||Hobart Hurricanes (squad no. 13)|
|First-class debut||10 March 2010 Queensland v Western Australia|
Source: Cricinfo, 20 January 2016
Cameron John Boyce (born 27 July 1989) is an Australian cricketer. Boyce is a leg spin bowler who plays for the Melbourne Renegades in Australian domestic cricket. He was born in the western Queensland town of Charleville.
Before moving to Tasmania, Boyce played senior cricket for Toombul District Cricket Club in Brisbane.
Boyce made his debut for Queensland against Western Australia at the Gabba in March 2010. The following week he played in the season's Sheffield Shield Final. Queensland lost, but Boyce took six wickets in Victoria's second innings. After being selected for the Australian Chairman's XI team for a match against the visiting Indians in Canberra in 2011, former Test spinner Ashley Mallett claimed that Boyce was the best leg spinner he had seen in first class cricket since Shane Warne, saying Boyce had "definitely got the potential to play Test cricket."
On June 8, 2018, it was announced that Boyce had signed a two-year deal for the Melbourne Renegades in the KFC Big Bash League. This move came as a shock to the Hobart Hurricanes, with the wrist spinner along with fellow left arm orthodox Clive Rose creating a lethal spin combination during the Hurricanes bowling innings. The move has also left his number one fan group, "The Boyce Bos" without a player to represent on their shirts.
- "Cameron Boyce". Player profile. Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- "Player Career Statistics - Batting - Toombul District Cricket Club". www.toombul.qld.cricket.com.au.
- "Bulls discard weighing up future".
- "Queensland v Western Australia: Sheffield Shield 2009/10". CricketArchive. Retrieved 20 March 2010. (Subscription required (help)).
- Badel, Peter (18 December 2011). "Spin great Ashley Mallett backs Bulls young gun Cameron Boyce to be the man". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Australia tour of United Arab Emirates, Only T20I: Pakistan v Australia at Dubai (DSC), Oct 5, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Watson's missed kick, Boyce's fruitless journey". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 1 September 2015.