Cameron Morrell Douglas|
December 13, 1978
|Residence||Bronx, New York|
Kirk Douglas (grandfather)|
Diana Dill (grandmother)
Joel Douglas (uncle)
Peter Douglas (half-uncle)
Eric Douglas (half-uncle)
Catherine Zeta-Jones (stepmother)
Anne Buydens (step-grandmother)
Early life and family
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Douglas is the elder son of actor Michael Douglas and of Diandra Morrell Douglas (née Luker, whom Michael Douglas divorced in 1995), and grandson of actor Kirk Douglas and Bermudian actress Diana Dill. He has appeared in four films: Jackie Chan's Mr. Nice Guy (1997), It Runs in the Family (2003), National Lampoon's Adam & Eve (2005) and Loaded (2008). In It Runs in the Family he appeared together with his father, Michael Douglas, grandfather, Kirk Douglas, and grandmother, Diana Dill.
Kirk Douglas family tree
Drug dealing and conviction
Douglas has been arrested for drug offenses at least three times. In 1999 he was found with cocaine in Manhattan and was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. The charge was dropped after he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct. In 2007 he was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance after police officers found a syringe with liquid cocaine in a car he was in. On July 28, 2009, Douglas was arrested by the Drug Enforcement Administration for possession of 0.5 pounds (0.23 kg) of methamphetamine. Due to the large amount of the drug seized, Douglas was charged with intent to distribute. The charge carries a minimum prison sentence of 10 years and a maximum of life.
On January 27, 2010, Douglas pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute drugs and heroin possession after his girlfriend had smuggled heroin hidden inside an electric toothbrush and passed it on to him while he was under house arrest.
On April 20, 2010, Douglas was sentenced to five years in prison for possessing heroin and dealing large amounts of methamphetamine and cocaine out of a New York hotel room. Michael Douglas publicly assumed blame for "being a bad father" but said that without prison intervention, Cameron "was going to be dead or somebody was gonna kill him. I think he has a chance to start a new life, and he knows that."
On April 15, 2013, this extended prison sentence was confirmed by the Second U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
In December 2012 his leg was broken by another inmate.
In April 2013, Douglas lost an appeal to have his sentence reduced.
Release from prison
On August 1, 2016, Douglas was released early from prison and transferred to a halfway house in New York City after seven years behind bars, with two of the seven years in solitary confinement.
Cameron Douglas is planning to write a tell-all book about his experiences after being convicted on drug charges, according to Page Six, New York Post which first had word of the 37-year-old's release.
|1997||Mr. Nice Guy||Giancarlo's Man||Film Debut|
|2003||It Runs in the Family||Asher Gromberg|
|2005||National Lampoon's Adam & Eve||Adam|
|2009||The Perfect Beat||DJ Mojo||Short Film|
- Dougan, Andy (2003). Michael Douglas: Out of the Shadows: The Unauthorised Biography. Robson Books. p. 123.
- Hoffman, Bill (1999-10-28). "Michael Douglas' Son in Coke Arrest". New York Post.
- Liddy, Tom (2009-08-03). "Michael Douglas' Son Arrested for Meth". New York Post.
- "Douglas son to face drugs trial". BBC News. 2009-08-08. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- Tom, Hays (January 27, 2010). "Michael Douglas' son pleads guilty to drug trafficking". Associated Press via Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- "Michael Douglas' son Cameron sentenced to five years". News.blogs.cnn.com. April 20, 2010. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- "Michael Douglas's son sentenced to 5 years". Reuters via Yahoo!. April 20, 2013. Archived from the original on April 25, 2010.
- "Michael Douglas and Blame Game for Son Cameron's Jail Sentence". National Ledger. May 4, 2010. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- "Cameron Douglas pleads guilty to possessing drugs in prison". CNN. October 21, 2011.
- Golding, Bruce (December 21, 2011). "Douglas sentenced to another 4 1/2 years for drug possession". New York Post. Retrieved September 23, 2013.
- "Cameron Douglas, son of actor Michael Douglas, loses appeal to reduce prison sentence, report says". CBS News.
- "Michael Douglas' son Cameron badly injured in prison, report say". CBS News. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- Hamilton, Brad. "Michael Douglas' son Cameron busted again". New York Post. Archived from the original on April 3, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Finn, Natalie (April 15, 2013). "Michael Douglas' Son, Cameron Douglas, Loses Appeal to Lighten Prison Sentence". E! News. Archived from the original on May 21, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "Michael Douglas' Son Cameron Released From Jail After Nearly Seven Years". US WEEKLY. August 1, 2016. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- Valentine, Leonica; Golding, Bruce (August 1, 2016). "Jail did wonders for Michael Douglas' son's buff body". pagesix.com. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- "Reports: Michael Douglas' son Cameron released from prison". usatoday.com. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Rutter, Claire (August 2, 2016). "Michael Douglas' son Cameron released from prison after seven years behind bars". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- D'Zurilla, Christie. "Cameron Douglas, Michael Douglas' son, released from prison after nearly seven years". latimes.com. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Schuster, Dana (August 7, 2016). "How Cameron Douglas went from Hollywood royalty to living in a halfway house". nypost.com. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- D'Zurilla, Christie. "Fresh from prison, Cameron Douglas is now a ripped and tatted version of Kirk Douglas". Retrieved 28 February 2017 – via LA Times.
- "Mr. Nice Guy". tvguide.com. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Roger Ebert (25 April 2003). "It Runs in the Family". rogerebert.com.