This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Other names||camo, cam0, camZero, cmuNNY|
|Known for||Hacking Paris Hilton's cell phone, accessing LexisNexis, and defacing Burger King's twitter account|
Cameron LaCroix, aka camo, cam0, camZero, cmuNNY, is an American computer hacker best known for the hacking of Paris Hilton's cellular phone, accessing LexisNexis, and defacing Burger King's twitter account. He has also been convicted of intentionally causing damage to a protected computer system, obtaining information from a protected computer system, wire fraud, and aggravated identity fraud. Prosecutors said victims of the teen's actions have suffered about $1 million in damages. Pursuant to a plea agreement signed by the juvenile in August 2005, he received 11 months in a federal juvenile detention facility. In January 2007 his supervised release was revoked possession of a cell phone and other computer related equipment that constituted a violation of his conditions of release.
In June 2008, an indictment for Cameron LaCroix was returned from New Bedford Superior Court in Bristol County on a series of counts for computer related offenses.
LaCroix was previously held at MCI Concord , Old Colony Correctional Center, and at the Federal Medical Center, Lexington. He was released on June 9, 2017 according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Brian Krebs (February 27, 2007). "They'll Always Have Paris". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2012-07-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "They'll Always Have Paris". The Washington Post.
- "COMMONWEALTH v. CAMERON LACROIX, Defendant". 16 July 2011. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011.
- "Federal Bureau of Prisons". Federal Bureau of Prisons. 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|