Cameron Sexton is a Republican member of the Tennessee House of Representatives for the 25th district and Majority Party Whip, encompassing Crossville, Cumberland County, Monterey, Tennessee, and Spencer, Tennessee.
Cameron Sexton was born on November 11, 1970. He is a 5th generation Tennessean. He received a B.A. in Public Administration from the University of Tennessee in 1994. He then served as a community liaison for former Congressman Van Hilleary.
He is the state congressman for the 25th district, formerly represented by Eric Swafford.
On November 27, 2012, Cameron Sexton was elected as House Majority Whip in the Tennessee House of Representatives.
Cameron Sexton received his BA from the University of Tennessee in 1994.
Cameron Sexton considers himself to be Baptist. Cameron is a member of Central Baptist Church where he is active in youth programs.
Cameron Sexton has had the following political experience:
- Representative, Tennessee State House of Representatives, 2010–present
- Member of the House Calendar and Rules Committee, the House Commerce Committee and the House Health and Human Resources Committee.
- Was named the House Freshmen Republican Legislator of the year by the Knoxville-News Sentinel for the 107th General Assembly.
- Prime sponsored legislation which focused on Tennessee’s seniors, veterans and business owners. He passed legislation which increased the exemption levels on the Halls Income Tax to reduce taxes and make thousands of Tennessee’s seniors income tax free.
- Led the effort to Tennessee armed services members who died in the line of duty. His bill required that the Tennessee flag at the State Capitol and the flag at the courthouse in the soldier’s home town, be flown at half-mast.
- Passed legislation allowing businesses to file forms electronically instead of through the mail for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
Cameron Sexton has had the following professional experience: He worked for a pharmaceutical company as a representative before becoming a Tennessee State Representative. While not in session, Cameron works for Cumberland County Bank in Business Development.
- House of Representatives webpage
- University of Tennessee, Office of Government Relations
- Official website
- Tom Humphrey, 'State Rep. Eric Swafford, R-Pikeville, Unseated by Challenger Sexton', on Knoxnews.com, August 5, 2010 
- "Representative Cameron Sexton Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 22 September 2012.