|Born||Gregory Cameron Thor
March 17, 1960
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, film director, acting coach|
|Website||Carter Thor Studio|
Gregory Cameron Thor (born 17 March 1960), better known as Cameron Thor, is an American actor, screenwriter, film director, and acting coach. He is best known for his appearance in the film Jurassic Park as "Dodgson" and Hook.
Thor appeared in the 1991 films Hook and Curly Sue. He is best known for playing Lewis Dodgson in the 1993 film Jurassic Park. While his character was a major part of the sequel novel, The Lost World, the character was left out of the film. He now works as an acting coach in Los Angeles. He and his wife Alice Carter co-own Carter Thor Studio.
|1986||Modern Girls||DJ #1|
|1991||Curly Sue||Maitre d'|
|1992||A Few Good Men||Commander Lawrence|
|1993||Jurassic Park||Lewis Dodgson|
|1994||Clear and Present Danger||DEA Surveillance Agent|
|2001||Comforters, Miserable||Father Ken|
|2013||Ring of Fire||Doctor Renner||Television film|
|1988||Tanner '88||Secret Serviceman||Episode: "Child's Play"|
|1988||Freddy's Nightmares||Gary||Episode: "Freddy's Tricks and Treats"|
|1988||China Beach||Chaplain||Episode: "X-Mas Chn. Bch. VN, '67"|
|1990||Matlock||Paul Knight||Episode: "The Student"|
|1992||Mann & Machine||Phillipp Kurvers||Episode: "Torch Song"|
|1992||Cheers||Marketing Analyst||Episode: "The King of Beers"|
|1993||Star Trek: The Next Generation||Narik||2 episodes|
|1995||SeaQuest DSV||Dumont||Episode: "Destination Terminal"|
|1999||The Net||Randall Weathers||Episode: "Eye-see-you.com"|
Thor is married to Alice Carter and has a son.
On June 4, 2014 he was charged with the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's office. He was bailed for $2.6 million later reduced to $1 million. The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office filed 14 counts against Thor including kidnapping and sexual assault against a minor, specifically a 13-year-old girl who sought acting lessons. The District Attorney alleges that Thor gave the girl "a controlled substance … marijuana" and sexually assaulted her. Thor pleaded not guilty to all 14 counts. The alleged victim, Jordyn Ladell, named herself in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter shortly before the start of Thor's trial. Thor's trial began on August 17, 2015. At that time, 13 of the charges against him had been dropped in recent weeks. The only remaining charge was performing a lewd act on a child. The jury began deliberations after the trial ended on August 25, 2015. On 26 August he was found guilty.
- Johnson, Scott (19 August 2015). "Cameron Thor Trial: Testimony Begins in Acting Coach's Sexual Assault Case". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Top acting coach and Jurassic Park actor found GUILTY of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old student". Daily Mail. 27 August 2015.
- "'Jurassic Park' Actor Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault of Teen". The Hollywood Reporter. 5 June 2014. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Busch, Anita (14 July 2014). "UPDATE: LA Acting Coach Pleads Not Guilty In Kidnapping & Sexual Assault Case". Deadline.com. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Johnson, Scott (20 April 2015). "A Beloved Acting Coach, a Teen Girl and Sexual Assault Charges: Cameron Thor's Accuser Breaks Silence". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Robb, David (25 August 2015). "Cameron Thor Child Molestation Trial Goes To Jury". Deadline.com. Retrieved 26 August 2015.