Camila Moreno at a concert in 2012
|Birth name||Camila Moreno Elgart|
|Born||July 8, 1985|
|Genres||Folk rock, Rock, Indie|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, accordion, charango, piano, cuatro venezolano|
|Years active||2007 – present|
She became famous after the release of her first album Almismotiempo ("At-the-same-time") in 2009. She was nominated the same year for a Latin Grammy in the Best Alternative Song category for her single "Millones". Her voice, folk style and lyrics have been regarded by many as continuing the legacy of Violeta Parra, widely considered to be the most influential Chilean folklorist. Moreno has been called the "Chilean revelation of organic rock" by Petit Indie.
Her latest album, Mala Madre was offered for free on June 4, 2015. It was downloaded 73,500 times over the 24 hours that it was made available on her website, a record in her country. Moreno described the album as a tribute to the different women she admires such as Cecilia Vicuña, Violeta Parra and Gabriela Mistral. In the 2016 edition of the Premios Pulsar; Moreno won the awards for Best Pop Artist, Song of the Year and Album of the Year. She is known for her visually creative music videos.
- 2009 - Almismotiempo
- 2010 - Opmeitomsimla
- 2012 - Panal
- 2015 - Mala madre
- 2008 - El Otro Hábitat (EP)
- 2011 - Partidas, melodías y una canción de cuna
- "Biography of Camila Moreno - Musicapopular.cl". Archived from the original on 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "CAMILA MORENO".
- "Camila Moreno: 'Nadie vive de vender discos, quizás Rihanna sí, pero nosotros en Chile no'".
- "Camila Moreno arrasó en los Premios Pulsar 2016".
- "El amor a las hierbas salvajes".
- "Camila Moreno: "Todavía hay ganas de que la música te cachetee y no solo te haga mover el potito".