Camilla Läckberg at the 2011 Göteborg Book Fair.
August 30, 1974 |
Fjällbacka, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Läckberg considers herself a crime writing dilettante since discovering such literature on her father's bookshelf at a young age. It has remained a fascination for her ever since. Läckberg's books have received special praise for detail and "in-depth characterization". Läckberg – sometimes called the Swedish Agatha Christie – became a writer after her husband and parents enrolled her in a creative writing course as a Christmas present. She describes herself as a visual writer: "For me actually, specific images – snapshots – come first, and then the story starts to come together from those bits and pieces. I am very visual when I write, I 'see' the story in pictures and writing a book is like having a movie running in my head 24/7."
Personal life and entrepreneurial ventures
Läckberg was born in Fjällbacka, Bohuslän, and started writing at an early age. Her earliest work was called "Tomten". After graduating from Gothenburg University with a degree in Economics, she moved to Stockholm, where she worked as an economist before beginning writing fiction seriously. She is a business partner in a jewelry company called Sahara Silver Jewelry AB. Hong Kong maternity fashion company Sono Vaso launched in Europe with the then-pregnant author endorsing.
Läckberg first married Micke Eriksson; they divorced in 2007. Under Swedish law, as Läckberg's ex-husband, Eriksson was entitled to half the revenue from the contracts signed during their marriage. Eventually it was agreed that she would pay him a lump sum.
Läckberg was married for the second time in 2010, to Martin Melin, winner of Expedition Robinson. The two had met at a 2005 release party for one of her books, then began a working relationship. Melin proposed to Läckberg in August 2009.
In 2015, she was engaged to Simon Sköld, MMA fighter and author.
Camilla Läckberg has four children: Wille and Meja from her first marriage, Charlie from her second, and Polly is from her relationship with Sköld. Charlie is also the subject of Läckbergs first children's book, Super-Charlie.
|Published||Swedish title||English title||Translation||Notes|
|2003||Isprinsessan||The Ice Princess||Steven T. Murray (2008)||First in Patrik Hedström and Erica Falck series|
|2004||Predikanten||The Preacher||Steven T. Murray (2009)|
|2005||Stenhuggaren||The Stone Cutter||Steven T. Murray (2008)|
|2006||Olycksfågeln||The Gallows Bird a.k.a. The Stranger||Steven T. Murray (2011)||Paperback version seems to be called The Stranger; the film is called The Jinx|
|2007||Tyskungen||The Hidden Child||Tiina Nunnally (2011)|
|2007||Snöstorm och mandeldoft||The Scent of Almonds||Novella; included in Mord och mandeldoft (2013)|
|2008||Sjöjungfrun||The Drowning||Tiina Nunnally (2012)|
|2008||Smaker från Fjällbacka||Flavours from Fjällbacka|
|2009||Fyrvaktaren||The Lost Boy||Tiina Nunnally (2013) |
|2011||Änglamakerskan||The Angel Maker's Wife a.k.a. Buried Angels||Tiina Nunnally (2014)|
|2011||Fest, mat och kärlek||Feast, Food & Love|
|2011||Super Charlie||Super Charlie|
|2013||Mord och mandeldoft||The Scent of Almonds and Other Stories||Tiina Nunnally (2015)|
|2014||Lejontämjaren||The Ice Child||Tiina Nunnally (2016)|
|2017||Häxan||The Girl in the Woods|
Filming of the TV series Fjällbackamorden began in August 2011 based on the characters from Läckberg's novels, but the stories were new, with actors Claudia Galli and Richard Ulfsäter playing Erica and Patrik.
- "Discover Author Camilla Lackberg".
- Sara (2011-09-19). "Camilla Läckberg". TheCrimeHouse.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Camilla Lackberg". ScandinavianBooks. Archived from the original on 2012-01-12.
- Drabelle, Dennis (June 12, 2011). "Book review: 'The Preacher' by Camilla Lackberg". The Washington Post.
- Maureen Corrigan (13 May 2012). "Camilla Lackberg's 'The Stonecutter'". Washington Post.
- "From the Author".
- "Joint Business Ventures".
- "Hong Kong Fashion Brand Sono Vaso Launches in Europe". China Weekly News. May 26, 2009.
- "Camilla Läckberg: Pengarna går till min exmake" [Camilla Läckberg: The money goes to my ex-husband]. Expressen. June 10, 2008.
- "Camilla married police Officer". camillalackberg.com. Archived from the original on 2011-03-10.
- "Camilla Läckberg och Simon Sköld har förlovat sig". 2015-11-23. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Biography". camillalackberg.com. Archived from the original on 2011-11-03.
- "Children's Books".
- "Camilla Lackberg". Eurocrime.co.uk. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Camilla Lackberg". svtsales.com. 2014-01-05. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Crime novels".
- "The Lost Boy : Camilla Lackberg". HarperCollins. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Fjällbacka shoot set back after director vanishes". (Subscription required (. ))
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camilla Läckberg.|