Luddington at the 2014 Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards
|Born||Camilla Anne Luddington
15 December 1983
Ascot, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Known for||Tomb Raider, Grey's Anatomy|
Camilla Anne Luddington (born 15 December 1983) is an English actress, notable for being cast as Catherine Middleton in the Lifetime TV film William & Kate: The Movie, as well as for her role as Jo Wilson in the ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy. She provides the voice and motion capture of Lara Croft in the 2013 video game Tomb Raider and the 2015 sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Luddington was born in Ascot, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom on 15 December 1983. She was educated at the Marist Senior School, an all-girls school in Ascot, Berkshire. She later attended The American School In England at Thorpe in Surrey. She moved to suburban Austin, Texas for a year when she was 14 and attended Westwood High School. She graduated from TASIS, The American School in England in 2002.
When she was 19, she enrolled in Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania. However, Luddington had not been to the university before she came to study, and after six months she left and transferred to the New York Film Academy. She was part of the school's first one-year acting class program in 2003. After her acting studies, Luddington then returned to England before moving to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.
Luddington has worked mainly in the United States. In February 2011, the Daily Mail described her as "on the path to fame and fortune after being cast as Catherine Middleton in William & Kate: The Movie, a TV movie about the relationship between Prince William and Catherine "Kate" Middleton. Luddington joined the cast of the Showtime series Californication for its fifth season, playing a nanny. She also joined the cast of the fifth season of the HBO vampire drama True Blood, as Claudette Crane, a faerie. In July 2012, Luddington joined the cast of the television show Grey's Anatomy as Dr. Jo Wilson in a recurring role. In June 2013 it was announced that she would be a series regular from Season 10 onwards. In October 2012, Camilla appeared on a Halloween special of E!'s popular fashion programme, Fashion Police, alongside a panel of Joan Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, George Kotsiopoulos and Kris Jenner.
In June 2012, Crystal Dynamics confirmed Luddington would voice Lara Croft in the video game Tomb Raider. Luddington originally went into the audition for Lara thinking she was auditioning for a project called "Krypted" with a character called Sara. She had three auditions. She also performed the motion capture for Lara over the course of three years. In June 2014, it was revealed that a sequel is in production, titled Rise of the Tomb Raider. Luddington confirmed on her Twitter account that she would be returning to voice and motion capture Lara in the new game.
|2007||Couple of White Chicks at the Hairdresser, AA Couple of White Chicks at the Hairdresser||Receptionist 2|
|2009||Behaving Badly||Flight Attendant|
|2010||Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls||Jane Bennet||Video short|
|2010||Filming of Shakey Willis, TheThe Filming of Shakey Willis||Brooke||Video short|
|2014||Pact 2, TheThe Pact 2||June Abbott|
|2016||Healer, TheThe Healer||Cecilia||Post-producion|
|2016||Justice League Dark||Zatanna||Animated film|
|2009||Serving Time||Uppity Guest #2||TV film|
|2010||Forgotten, TheThe Forgotten||Emma Clark / Jane Doe||Episode: "Train Jane"|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Claire||Episode: "Lost & Found"|
|2010||Days of Our Lives||Tiffany||1 episode|
|2010||Big Time Rush||Rebecca||Episode: "Big Time Concert"|
|2011||Defenders, TheThe Defenders||Talia||Episode: "Nevada v. Wayne"|
|2011||Accidentally in Love||Sandra||TV film|
|2011||William & Kate: The Movie||Catherine "Kate" Middleton||TV film|
|2011||Friends with Benefits||Woman||Episode: "The Benefit of Friends"|
|2012||Friend Me||Brandi||TV series|
|2012||Californication||Lizzie||Recurring role (10 episodes)|
|2012||True Blood||Claudette||Recurring role (6 episodes)|
|2012–present||Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Josephine "Jo" Wilson||Recurring (Season 9)
Main cast (Season 10–present)
|2013||Tomb Raider: The Final Hours - A Story of Survival||Herself/Lara Croft||TV film|
|2013||Tomb Raider||Lara Croft (voice and motion capture)|
|2015||Infinite Crisis||Supergirl, The Construct (announcer, voice)|
|2015||Rise of the Tomb Raider||Lara Croft (voice and motion capture)|
- Sulla-Heffinger, Anthony (April 3, 2013). "Interview with Lara Croft voice actress Camilla Luddington". New York Post. News Corporation. ISSN 1090-3321. Archived from the original on May 2, 2013.
- Galt, Jon (March 12, 2013). "Camilla Luddington to play Lara Croft in Tomb Raider movie reboot". Fans Share. Fansshare.com. Archived from the original on August 24, 2013.
- Cowen, Nick (26 June 2012). "Camilla Luddington is new Lara Croft". The Guardian. London: Guardian News and Media. ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Schramm, Mike (27 June 2012). "Camilla Luddington is the new Lara Croft in Tomb Raider". Joystiq. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013.
- "Camilla Luddington'02 stars as Kate Middleton in Television Movie William & Kate".
- Hiltbrand, David (November 8, 2013). "'Anatomy' of a pitch-perfect actress". Philly.com. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Pasquine, Frank (January 4, 2013). "Acting Grad on a Roll: True Blood, Grey's & Californication". New York Film Academy. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Patten, Dominic (16 May 2013). "'Grey's Anatomy's' Camilla Luddington Set For 'The Pact II'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Wills and Kate: the inside story". iol.co.za. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- Georgina Littlejohn, British actress Camilla Luddington plucked from obscurity to play Kate Middleton dated 2 February 2011 at dailymail.co.uk, accessed 27 March 2011
- Ng, Philiana (7 May 2011). "'William & Kate' Star Joins Showtime's 'Californication'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (20 March 2012). "TV Castings: Camilla Luddington To Recur On 'True Blood, Allison Mack On 'Wilfred', Constance Zimmer On 'House Of Cards'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- Ross, Robyn (19 July 2012). "Camilla Luddington Books Recurring Role on Grey's Anatomy". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Staskiewicz, Keith (February 26, 2013). "'Tomb Raider' actress Camilla Luddington discusses playing the new Lara Croft". Entertainment Weekly.
- Luddington, Camilla (9 June 2014). "Tweet". Twitter.
- "Twitter / camilluddington:". 1 August 2013.
Gamers! As the Announcer in @InfiniteCrisis, allow me to be the first to welcome you to the Trials, Protector.
- Turbine, Inc. Infinite Crisis. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, Voice Over Talent.
- "Infinite Crisis Credits".