Camille performing live in Melbourne, Australia, 2009
|Birth name||Camille Dalmais|
|Born||10 March 1978|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, actress|
|Labels||Virgin Records, EMI|
|Associated acts||Nouvelle Vague, MaJiKer|
Camille was born and raised in Paris, France. As a teenager, she studied ballet and developed an interest in bossa nova music and American stage musicals. She attended the prestigious Lycée International de Saint Germain-en-Laye, where she obtained her baccalaureate in literature. Thanks to her mother being an English teacher, Camille speaks English fluently as well as her native French. She performed her first original song "Un Homme Déserté" at the age of sixteen while attending a wedding. In the early 2000s, while performing at jazz clubs in Paris, Camille made her acting début in the film Les Morsures de l'aube (by Antoine de Caunes; with Asia Argento and Guillaume Canet). She also contributed to the song "La Vie la Nuit" in its soundtrack.
In early 2002, Camille signed a recording contract with Virgin Records. She released her first studio album Le Sac des Filles. In 2004, she began working with Marc Collin and his band Nouvelle Vague, which incorporates new wave and bossa nova music. She contributed vocals to the songs "Too Drunk to Fuck", "In a Manner of Speaking", "The Guns of Brixton", and "Making Plans for Nigel" on their first album.
In 2005, she released the album Le Fil, which was produced in collaboration with English producer MaJiKer. This album incorporated an avant-garde concept – a string, or thread ("le fil"), which was a drone that persisted throughout the entire course of the album. All of the songs on this album are based on the exploration of the voice, with only a double bass, bass guitar, guitar, trombone, percussion, or keyboard as accompanying instruments. Le Fil quickly became certified gold. The song "Ta Douleur" was voted 26th in Australia's Triple J Hottest 100, 2006.
Camille's song "1, 2, 3" from Le Sac des Filles was used in the television ad for Cacharel's Promesse perfume starring Laetitia Casta and Matthew Avedon. Her song "Waves" was used in Perrier's "Melting" television ad.
Also in 2007, she contributed to the soundtrack of Pixar's Ratatouille, with the song entitled "Le Festin,"  Additionally, she provides the European French dub voice of Colette in Ratatouille.
Camille's album Music Hole was released on 7 April 2008, again produced in collaboration with MaJiKer. Music Hole was recorded and mixed by Valgeir Sigurdsson. The first single from the album, "Gospel with No Lord", was released for online download on 11 February 2008, along with another new song from the album entitled "Money Note".
She contributed to the track "Putain putain" on Nouvelle Vague's 2010 album Couleurs sur Paris for whom she had previously done work for on their first album. She later appeared on Jérôme Van Den Hole's self-titled album on the track, "Debout".
|Year||Album title and details||Peak chart positions||Certification|
|2002||Le Sac des Filles||90||—||—||—||—|
|2006||Live au Trianon
|2004||"In a Manner of Speaking"
"Guns of Brixton"
"Too Drunk to Fuck"
"Making Plans for Nigel"
|2005||"Dumb VF"||-||Le Pop En Duo|
|2005||"Someone Like You"||-||Fast Track (Vocal Mix)|
|2005||"Si j'avais su"||-||Hold-up|
|2007||"Le Festin"||-||Ratatouille (soundtrack)|
|2009||"Alliance"||-||Around Robert Wyatt|
|2009||"The Pink Piano"||-||Body-Piano-Machine|
|2010||"Pretty Face"||-||Here Lies Love|
|2010||"Putain, Putain"||-||Couleurs sur Paris|
|2011||"Nicole"||Les Petroleuses||The Singers|
|2011||"Debout"||-||Jérôme Van Den Hole|
|2013||"L'amie d'un italien (Rainbows)"||Raphael Gualazzi||Happy Mistake|
|2015||"Suis moi"||Hans Zimmer||Le Petit Prince (soundtrack)|
|2015||"Equation"||Hans Zimmer||Le Petit Prince (soundtrack)|
- 2001 : Love Bites
- 2007 : Ratatouille (French voice)
- 2009 : Bulles de Vian (Telefilm)
- 2013 : On My Way
- 2014 : Fever
- 2015 : The Little Prince
- 2005 – Prix Constantin for Le Fil
- 2006 – Group or artist stage révélation of the year for Le Fil at the Victoires de la musique
- 2006 – Album révélation of the year for Le Fil at the Victoires de la musique
- 2006 – Best Female Singer at the Globes de Cristal Award
- 2007 – oui-oui tente de voler/a4wm2007/2007_camille.shtml (BBC Radio 3 Award for World Music (Winner, Europe))
- 2009 – Victoires de la Musique for Female group or artist of the year
- 2013 - Victoires de la musique for song of year of "Allez Allez Allez"
- 2018 - Victoires de la musique for Tour of Year
- Jason Ankeny. Biography. AllMusic. Retrieved 21 September 2007.
- The state of the Union rests on the state of Chad - Americas, World - The Independent Archived 4 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Le sac des fans
- Camille Archived 12 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Elisa Official Website
- La chanteuse Camille est maman - Voici Archived 21 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cornwell, Jane (11 Oct 2011). "Acrobat on a sound trampoline". The Australian. Sydney. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- LesCharts.com Camille discography
- InfoDisc : Les Certifications (Albums) du SNEP (Bilan par Artiste) Archived 1 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Camille.|