Camille Grammer Meyer
September 2, 1968
Newport Beach, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Television personality, producer, writer, actress, model, dancer|
(m. 1997; div. 2011)
David C. Meyer (m. 2018)
Camille Grammer-Meyer (née Donatacci) (born September 2, 1968) is an American television personality who starred in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She started her career as a dancer, model and actress, and worked as a producer and writer for Grammnet Productions. She was married to Kelsey Grammer from 1997 to 2011.
Camille was born in Newport Beach, California and grew up in Cedar Grove, New Jersey. Camille studied English literature at Montclair State College in New Jersey, attending New York University and the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television in Los Angeles as well.
Camille started her career s a dancer in the 1980s, working on Club MTV, starring in a dance group performing at the Tavern on the Green in New York City, and appearing in several music videos, including "Give It All You Got" by Rights of The Accused, "The Party Starts Now!" by Manitoba's Wild Kingdom, and "Back to the Grill Again" by MC Serch. In the 1990s, she started working as a model and actress as well, modeling in Playboy publications like Playboy's Book of Lingerie, and appearing in R-rated erotic films such as Marilyn Chambers' Bedtime Stories, New York Nights and The Naked Detective. Camille also had small roles in mainstream films Private Parts and Deconstructing Harry, in addition to her guest appearance in one episode of Frasier.
She owns half of Grammnet Productions, which has produced a number of television shows from the late 1990s through 2010s, including Girlfriends, Medium and The Game. Within the production company, Grammer has worked as a creator, writer and executive producer.
In 2010, Camille became one of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. While no longer a main cast member of the show, she still often makes semi-regular Housewives appearances.The January 13, 2011 episode of the show, in which Camille revealed that her husband wanted out of their marriage, was the No. 1 telecast among adults 18–49 versus all cable competition in its timeslot, as well as the highest rated episode of the season among all viewers. In addition, the Watch What Happens Live episode featuring Camille Donatacci Meyer as guest right after the show outperformed all late night cable talk shows that night.
In 2011, Camille returned to acting, guest-starring on the season finale of the CBS sitcom $#*! My Dad Says, playing a recently divorced reality star named Camille. Describing her role, Donatacci said: "My character Camille is basically a parody on myself, obviously, from 'Housewives of Beverly Hills.' Just making fun of it, you know, making fun of all the quirky things I do and say." On whether she is pursuing a full-time acting career, Camille told: "I studied acting years ago. It was kind of a dream I had years ago, but I gave that up when I got married and had children. I'm not pursuing this. I'd definitely have to go back and take some acting classes if I was! But I have to say, my experience was very enjoyable and of course it would be something I would love to do. It's so much fun to work with such talented people and be involved in the creative process."
Camille has also made other appearances in various events like co-hosting the Showbiz Tonight special on CNN live from the Academy Awards in Los Angeles and presenting at the 2011 NHL Awards in Las Vegas.
In March 2012, it was announced that Camille would not return for the third season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for personal reasons. In May 2012, while on the red carpet attending the Race to Erase MS gala, Camille then stated that she will be returning to the show after all.
Camille met actor Kelsey Grammer in 1996, and they married in Malibu, California in 1997. They have a daughter, Mason Olivia, born October 24, 2001, and a son, Jude Gordon, born August 28, 2004, both born via a surrogate mother. In July 2010, she filed for divorce, seeking primary physical custody of the couple's daughter and son, in addition to child support and alimony. The divorce was finalized on February 10, 2011. Camille has accused Kelsey of physical and verbal abuse during their marriage, while Kelsey stated Camille thought she married Frasier Crane and that she was seeking fame.
After her divorce, she began dating fitness trainer and lawyer Dimitri Charalambopoulos. On October 29, 2013, Grammer filed a domestic violence protective order against Charalambopoulos, saying that he assaulted her two days after her radical hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, when she was staying at Hotel Zaza in Houston, Texas, recovering. The Houston Police Department said that Grammer and Charalambopoulos "broke each other's cell phones" and that Grammer's injuries were minor, so no charges have been filed against Charalambopoulos. He was then charged with assault of a family member and a felony by the Harris County, Texas district attorney.
|1984||New York Nights|
|1993||Marilyn Chambers' Bedtime Stories|
|1996||The Naked Detective||Annie O'Shea|
|1997||Private Parts||Bikini Girl|
|2001||Neurotic Tendencies||Executive producer||TV movie|
|2002||Mr. St. Nick||Head producer||TV movie|
|2003||Gary the Rat||Secretary||3 episodes|
|2004||A Christmas Carol: The Musical||Producer||TV movie|
|2008||An American Carol|
|2010–present||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Seasons 1–2 (main) Season 3, 8—present (recurring) Season 5-7 (guest)|
|2011||$h*! My Dad Says||Camille||Episode: "Who's Your Daddy"|
|2013||RuPaul's Drag Race||Guest Judge||2 episodes|
|2013||Betty White's Off Their Rockers||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||90210||Herself||Episode: "Dude, Where's My Husband?"|
|2014||The Hungover Games||Tanya|
- "Camille Interview". The Howard Stern Show. January 12, 2011.
- Servin, James (August 15, 1993). "Vegas on the Green". The New York Times. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci – New York University". Playboy's College Girls. April/May 1996.
- "Camille plans to tie knot". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. December 20, 1996. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- Martin, John (June 24, 1988). "MTV's chosen few Four R.I. 'preppies' make the 'Club' scene". Providence Journal. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Camille Donatacci Meyer Bio. BravoTV.com
- "Poptower: Camille Biography". Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Laufenberg, Norbert B. (2005). Entertainment Celebrities. Trafford Publishing. p. 269. ISBN 9781412053358.
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie, January/February 1997.
- "Split with Kelsey Grammer could net Camille $30M". New York Post. August 13, 1996.
- Neurotic Tendencies, Television Movie, 2001.
- Mr. St. Nick, Television Movie, 2002.
- A Christmas Carol, Television Movie, 2004.
- Fultz, Ashley; Weisman, Aly; Moorhouse, Drusilla (March 19, 2010). "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Cast Revealed!". E! Online. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Sets Records with Total Viewers". TVbytheNumbers.com. January 14, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci Talks Life After Divorce: "It's a New Journey!"". E! Online. February 15, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Camille Donatacci Her '$#*! My Dad Says' Appearance (VIDEO)". TVSquad.com. February 16, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci to Join CNN AND HLN Special Oscar Coverage". CNN Press Room. February 16, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci: I'm keeping Kelsey's last name". The Marquee Blog – CNN.com Blogs. February 27, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci goes hell for leather as she squeezes into a skintight strapless dress". Daily Mail. June 23, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- Wihlborg, Ulrica (March 24, 2012). "Camille Donatacci Will Not Return to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". People. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Holmes, Anna (August 15, 1997). "Celebrity news for the week of August 15, 1997". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Kelsey Grammer cares for wife". Ask Men. January 27, 2005. Archived from the original on 2014-10-27. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- Koch, Denise (June 29, 2006). "TV Star Kelsey Grammer Praises Surrogate Mother". WJZ. Archived from the original on March 30, 2010. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- "Kelsey Grammer's Wife Files for Divorce: Report". Fox News. July 1, 2010.
- "Judge grants Kelsey Grammer divorce in LA". Apnews.excite.com (February 10, 2011). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Merriman, Rebecca (May 4, 2016). "Camille Grammer accused ex-husband Fraiser [sic] star Kelsey of 'verbally and physically abusing her during marriage'". Daily Mirror. London. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Watkins, Jade (October 11, 2011). "'Camille thought she'd married Frasier,' says Kelsey Grammer as he calls Real Housewives his 'parting gift' for fame-hungry ex wife". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Camille Grammer’s Boyfriend’s Baby Mama Drama. Radar Online (April 6, 2012). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Camille Grammer Sports A Bikini On Her Greece Vacation, The Huffington Post, September 8, 2013
- Ann Pride (March 25, 2012) What happens in Vegas... Camille Grammer can't keep her hands off her handsome beau, The Daily Mail
- Jade Watkins (August 26, 2012) Kelsey who? Camille Grammer sets sail in Greece with boyfriend Dimitri and looks happier than ever, The Daily Mail
- Leah Simpson (January 19, 2013) That'll put a spring in her step! Camille Grammer and her boyfriend put on a passionate PDA during leisurely hike, The Daily Mail
- Tyler Rudick (October 30, 2013) Real Housewife details brutal assault at Houston hotel after surgery – CultureMap Houston. Houston.culturemap.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2016.
- Camille Grammer Gets Restraining Order Against Boyfriend After Alleged Attack – Domestic Violence, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Camille Grammer. People.com (October 29, 2013). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Guthrie, Dana. (October 29, 2013) Report: Reality star claims she was abused in Houston hotel – Celebrity Buzz. Blog.chron.com. Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Camille Grammer Domestic Violence Scandal: What Happened Inside Houston Hotel Room — In Her Own Words. Radar Online (October 29, 2013). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- "Camille Grammer details ex-boyfriend fight; restraining order granted - CNN.com". CNN. October 31, 2013.
- "Camille Grammer Is Engaged: How the Reality Star Endured a High-Profile Divorce and Found Love Nearly a Decade Later". E! Online. October 30, 2017.
- "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Camille Grammer Is Married — See Her Wedding photo!". People. October 21, 2018.
- "Irritable bowel syndrome is condition not often discussed". Knight-Ridder Newspapers. February 22, 2000. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Kelsey and Camille Grammer Speak Out on Major Women's Health Issue". PR Newswire. January 27, 2000. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. Retrieved June 19, 2010.