Newport Beach, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Television personality, producer, writer, actress, model, dancer|
|Spouse(s)||Kelsey Grammer (m. 1997; div. 2011)|
Camille Grammer (née Donatacci) is an American television personality, most known for starring in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She started her career as a dancer, model, and actress, and worked as a producer and writer for Grammnet Productions. She was married to Kelsey Grammer from 1997 to 2011.
Born in Newport Beach, California, Grammer grew up in an upper-middle-class family in New Jersey. Her father is a financial adviser, who still worked in New York City as of 2011. Grammer studied English literature at Montclair State College in New Jersey, attending New York University and the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television in Los Angeles as well.
Grammer started her career as a dancer in the 1980s, working on Club MTV for many years, starring in a dance group performing at the Tavern on the Green in New York City, and appearing in several music videos, including "Give It All You Got" by Rights of The Accused, "The Party Starts Now!" by Manitoba's Wild Kingdom, and "Back to the Grill Again" by MC Serch. In the 1990s, she started working as a model and actress as well, modeling in Playboy publications like Playboy's Book of Lingerie, and appearing in R-rated erotic films such as Marilyn Chambers' Bedtime Stories, New York Nights, and The Naked Detective. Grammer also had small roles in mainstream films Private Parts and Deconstructing Harry, in addition to her guest appearance in one episode of Frasier.
Grammer owns half of Grammnet Productions, which has produced a number of television shows from the late 1990s through 2010s, including Girlfriends, Medium, and The Game. Within the production company, Grammer has worked as a creator, writer, and executive producer.
Since 2010, Grammer has been one of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The January 13, 2011 episode of the show, in which Grammer revealed that her husband wanted out of their marriage, was the No. 1 telecast among adults 18–49 versus all cable competition in its timeslot, as well as the highest rated episode of the season among all viewers. In addition, the Watch What Happens Live episode featuring Grammer as a guest right after the show outperformed all late night cable talk shows that night.
In 2011, Grammer returned to acting, guest-starring on the season finale of the CBS sitcom $#*! My Dad Says, playing a recently divorced reality star named Camille. Describing her role, Grammer said: "My character Camille is basically a parody on myself, obviously, from 'Housewives of Beverly Hills.' Just making fun of it, you know, making fun of all the quirky things I do and say." On whether she is pursuing a full-time acting career, Grammer told: "I studied acting years ago; it was kind of a dream I had years ago, but I gave that up when I got married and had children. I'm not pursuing this. I definitely have to go back and take some acting classes if I was! But I have to say, my experience was very enjoyable and of course it would be something I would love to do. It's so much fun to work with such talented people and be involved in the creative process."
Grammer has also made other appearances in various events like co-hosting the Showbiz Tonight special on CNN live from the Academy Awards in Los Angeles and presenting at the 2011 NHL Awards in Las Vegas.
In March 2012, it was announced that Grammer would not return for the 3rd season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for personal reasons. In May 2012, while on the red carpet attending the Race to Erase MS gala, Grammer then stated that she will be returning to the show after all.
Grammer met actor Kelsey Grammer in 1996, and they married in Malibu, California, in 1997. They have two children together, both born via a surrogate mother. In July 2010, she filed for divorce, seeking primary physical custody of the couple's daughter and son, in addition to child and spousal support. The divorce was finalized on February 10, 2011. Camille has accused Kelsey of physical and verbal abuse during their marriage, while Kelsey stated Camille thought she married Frasier Crane and that she was seeking fame.
After her divorce, she began dating Dallas, Texas, fitness trainer and lawyer Dimitri Charalambopoulos. On October 29, 2013, Grammer filed a domestic violence protective order against Charalambopoulos, saying that he assaulted her two days after her radical hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, when she was staying at Hotel Zaza in Houston, Texas, recovering. The Houston Police Department said that Grammer and Charalambopoulos "broke each other's cell phones" and that Grammer's injuries were minor, so no charges have been filed against Charalambopoulos. He was then charged with assault of a family member and a felony by the Harris County, Texas, district attorney.
|1984||New York Nights|
|1993||Marilyn Chambers' Bedtime Stories|
|1996||The Naked Detective||Annie O'Shea|
|1997||Private Parts||Bikini Girl||Major film|
|1997||Deconstructing Harry||Major film|
|2001||Neurotic Tendencies||Executive producer||TV movie|
|2002||Mr. St. Nick||Head producer||TV movie|
|2003||Gary the Rat||Secretary||3 episodes|
|2004||A Christmas Carol: The Musical||Producer||TV movie|
|2008||An American Carol||Major film|
|2010–2017||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Seasons 1–2 (main) Season 3 (recurring) Season 5–7 (guest)|
|2011||$h*! My Dad Says||Camille||Episode: "Who's Your Daddy"|
|2013||RuPaul's Drag Race||Guest Judge||2 episodes|
|2013||Betty White's Off Their Rockers||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||90210||Herself||Episode: "Dude, Where's My Husband?"|
|2014||The Hungover Games||Tanya|
- "Camille Grammer Interview". The Howard Stern Show. January 12, 2011.
- Servin, James (August 15, 1993). "Vegas on the Green". New York Times. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Camille Donatacci – New York University". Playboy's College Girls. April/May 1996.
- "Grammer plans to tie knot". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. December 20, 1996. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- Martin, John (June 24, 1988). "MTV's chosen few Four R.I. 'preppies' make the 'Club' scene". Providence Journal. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Camille Grammer Bio. BravoTV.com
- "Poptower: Camille Grammer Biography". Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Laufenberg, Norbert B. (2005). Entertainment Celebrities. Trafford Publishing. p. 269. ISBN 9781412053358.
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie, January/February 1997.
- "Split with Kelsey Grammer could net Camille $30M". New York Post. August 13, 1996.
- Neurotic Tendencies, Television Movie, 2001.
- Mr. St. Nick, Television Movie, 2002.
- A Christmas Carol, Television Movie, 2004.
- Fultz, Ashley; Weisman, Aly; Moorhouse, Drusilla (March 19, 2010). "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Cast Revealed!". E! Online. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Sets Records with Total Viewers". TVbytheNumbers.com. January 14, 2010.
- "Camille Grammer Talks Life After Divorce: "It's a New Journey!"". E! Online. February 15, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Camille Grammer Previews Her '$#*! My Dad Says' Appearance (VIDEO)". TVSquad.com. February 16, 2010.
- "Camille Grammer to Join CNN AND HLN Special Oscar Coverage". CNN Press Room. February 16, 2010.
- "Camille Grammer: I'm keeping Kelsey's last name". The Marquee Blog – CNN.com Blogs. February 27, 2010.
- "Camille Grammer goes hell for leather as she squeezes into a skintight strapless dress". Daily Mail. June 23, 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- Wihlborg, Ulrica (March 24, 2012). "Camille Grammer Will Not Return to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". People. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Holmes, Anna (August 15, 1997). "Celebrity news for the week of August 15, 1997". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Kelsey Grammer cares for wife". Ask Men. January 27, 2005. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- Koch, Denise (June 29, 2006). "TV Star Kelsey Grammer Praises Surrogate Mother". WJZ. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- "Kelsey Grammer's Wife Files for Divorce: Report". Fox News. July 1, 2010.
- "Judge grants Kelsey Grammer divorce in LA". Apnews.excite.com (February 10, 2011). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Merriman, Rebecca (May 4, 2016). "Camille Grammer accused ex-husband Fraiser [sic] star Kelsey of 'verbally and physically abusing her during marriage'". Daily Mirror. London. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Watkins, Jade (October 11, 2011). "'Camille thought she'd married Frasier,' says Kelsey Grammer as he calls Real Housewives his 'parting gift' for fame-hungry ex wife". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Lawyer Dimitri Charalambopoulos – Texas. Avvo (June 16, 2016). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Camille Grammer’s Boyfriend’s Baby Mama Drama. Radar Online (April 6, 2012). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Camille Grammer Sports A Bikini On Her Greece Vacation, The Huffington Post, September 8, 2013
- Ann Pride (March 25, 2012) What happens in Vegas... Camille Grammer can't keep her hands off her handsome beau, The Daily Mail
- Jade Watkins (August 26, 2012) Kelsey who? Camille Grammer sets sail in Greece with boyfriend Dimitri and looks happier than ever, The Daily Mail
- Leah Simpson (January 19, 2013) That'll put a spring in her step! Camille Grammer and her boyfriend put on a passionate PDA during leisurely hike, The Daily Mail
- Tyler Rudick (October 30, 2013) Real Housewife details brutal assault at Houston hotel after surgery – CultureMap Houston. Houston.culturemap.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2016.
- Camille Grammer Gets Restraining Order Against Boyfriend After Alleged Attack – Domestic Violence, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Camille Grammer. People.com (October 29, 2013). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Guthrie, Dana. (October 29, 2013) Report: Reality star claims she was abused in Houston hotel – Celebrity Buzz. Blog.chron.com. Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- Camille Grammer Domestic Violence Scandal: What Happened Inside Houston Hotel Room — In Her Own Words. Radar Online (October 29, 2013). Retrieved on 2016-07-08.
- "Camille Grammer details ex-boyfriend fight; restraining order granted - CNN.com". CNN. October 31, 2013.
- "Irritable bowel syndrome is condition not often discussed". Knight-Ridder Newspapers. February 22, 2000. Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Kelsey and Camille Grammer Speak Out on Major Women's Health Issue". PR Newswire. January 27, 2000. Retrieved June 19, 2010.