|Elevation||246 m (807 ft)|
The city of Camp-Perrin was created during the eighteenth century when three Frenchmen (Colon de France), the Perrin brothers, arrived with the goal of studying the possibilities of culture of coffee, cotton and indigo, as well as the exploitation of the wood of dye as the wood of campêche in Haiti. They built a camp up the hill; thus the names of the two town districts are Bas-Camp and Haut-Camp (above and below the camp).
The town is sub-divided in three counties known as :
- Champlois - Marceline as the Second Section
- Lévy - Mersan - As the First Section
- Tibi - Davezac - As the Third Section
Radio and telecommunications
- La Brise FM FM 104.9, (slogan : Le ROI FM, broadcast his contents from Champlois, Camp-Perrin. With an ERP of 6.0 kW, it is known as the radio with the most couverage in the area extending its coverage to the vicinity of the SUD-EST, NIPPES and GRAND'ANSE Departments. Radio Platinum has also a significant power thus among the three most powerful radio station in Les Cayes Vicinity with Radio Macaya
- Radio LA BRISE FM - 104.9 MHz 1000 watts (ERP: 6.0 kW)
- TELE LA BRISE - Channel 28 - 1000 watts (ERP: 10.0 kW)
- Radio Platinum - 88.9 MHz (ERP: 500 watts)
- Radio Montagna - 93.7 FM; MHZ (ERP: 0.100 kW)
- Radio Ambiance FM 88.1 MHz (ERP: 0.100 kW)
Most of the radio stations broadcasting from Les Cayes Ville des Cayes can also be heard in Camp-Perrin: They are Radio Macaya, Radio Nami Inter, Radio Lumière, Radio Ginen. On the side of Télé La Brise, the following TV station, TNH, TMS have a partial coverage in Camp-Perrin.
The main resource of the population is the Trade of local product such as cacao, yuka, sweet potatoes, beans, corn, orange, des feuilles de tilleuls, des bananas, Coffee, Cayan peper, Vegetables and sugar cane.