Camp Creek Township, Pike County, Ohio
|Camp Creek Township, Pike County, Ohio|
Vanaka Bank Road west of Camp
Location of Camp Creek Township in Pike County
|• Total||27.4 sq mi (71.0 km2)|
|• Land||27.3 sq mi (70.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||34.8/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086809|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Newton Township - northeast
- Scioto Township - east
- Valley Township, Scioto County - southeast corner
- Morgan Township, Scioto County - south
- Rarden Township, Scioto County - southwest
- Sunfish Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Camp Creek Township.
Name and history
Named for a stream of the same name within its borders, it is the only Camp Creek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Pike County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 22.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.